1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How do we end this slump?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Apr 5, 2017.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Do we just need to change the Manager... he needs to go but that will not cure our ills,
    Do we just need to change a few players.... no....we need to change 75% of the first team squad just like SCP did!
    Do we need to change the fans ... Don't be silly Heineken couldn't make better fans,
    Do we need to just change all the Senior Management Team ..... well yes obviously but that will not solve the problem on it's own,
    Is a change of owner the answer..... YES and it needs to be done PDQ.

So in the summer/now we need to... change owner, change SMT, change Manager and bring in a new first team squad without the club having a chief scout! ..... oh and retain existing fans <ok>

Busy few months for Charlton.

<cheers>

AllHell

2. deleted.....

Karl Robinson's answer...

“I told you I’d change everything in the summer….but the summer is a long way away. I’ve just said to the players in there that there is no transfer window to sort it out. I have my reasons and they’ve been told internally – I’m not going to bring it externally because I don’t think it is right.

“They’ve been told in no uncertain terms what they need to do between now and the end of the season.”

Nope sorry Karl... not good enough!

3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

The Belgians are not going to sack Robinson, that will cost them money.

The saving grace will be the Coventry, pikey's and Chesterfield games as I would think we could get four points from those. We will just scrape over the line.

4. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

If a sale is in the offing, no way is Duchatalet going to bother paying of the Robnson contract, unless relegation means the Price of the sale goes down. For me, the regime are now truely reaping the salt they have sown, as are the idiots who still back them.
    Short term, we need a new manager and the fabled 'dead cat bounce' that never seems to apply at the Valley. Assuming a sale, we need to clear out the Deadwood and appoint football people in the appropriate positions and rebuild.
    Sadly, I thnk Coventry, Gills and Chesterfield may show more fight than our bunch are showing. and relegation is beoming a real possibility.

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Changing the fans has been tried- remember the Tottenham taxi-driver? And all those fans who were going to flood over from SW London?

6. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

Changing the fans might be the one. At least last night there were more fans there than usual to tell the players how gutless and inept they were. Maybe, if they have any pride about them, that will help spur them on to a mighty 4 points from the remaining matches.

I'm clutching at straws, sorry.

7. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Agreed. Our record against Clubs below or around us this season has been iffy to say the least. None of these teams are going to roll over and let us beat them. And all it takes to defeat us at the moment is to show some fight - and get a few of the basics right, like MK Dons did.

8. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I was told by the club on Tuesday afternoon that we had sold about 1,300 extra tickets for the MKD game. If you are generous and then add another 1,000 walk ups on the night, but then subtract the 2,000 ST holders who are still boycotting, that gives you a real attendance on Tuesday night of around 9,000. That figure feels about right based on what I saw from inside the ground.

It also provides a cautionary tale about Charlton social media, where there were wild predictions of an attendance in excess of 15,000. You will never see an attendance in excess of 12,000 at the Valley again for a league game while the rat poison remains.

One other thought, what % of the returnees on Tuesday will be back again this Saturday ?

The Kish likes this.
  9. deleted.....

0% <ok>

10. ForestHillBilly

Not me, andthe same applies to many others going by the CL thread. There was an opportunity to get some fans back, but the team's performance put paid to that.

11. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Southend will bring about 2000 so the advertised gate will be in the region of 11,000.

I'll be at Gateshead v Maidstone.

12. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

If that many.

13. ForestHillBilly

Groundhog Day.