1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How can Theo be playing this badly?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ajameshowe, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ajameshowe

ajameshowe Member

2 years ago Theo's form lead to a last minute decision by Capello to drop him from the 2010 World Cup Squad.

Any player with a brain or the desire to play for their country in a big tournament would surely learn from it and make sure they earnt their spot next time round? His form this season has been even worse and there are players playing for newly promoted sides that should IMO be picked ahead of him!

Add to that the guy wants a new contract? Be it he wants more money with us or to put himself in the shop window for other clubs (ala Falmini and Nasri) what can he expect to receive playing this way.

Right now he's clearly only going backwards and AOC and Gervinho are starters ahead of him and if Arshavin can continue to have some impact as a sub he's ahead of him as well

2. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

I don't know how but it looks like he has got worse.

3. Bergkamp a Dutch master

We've had a succession of promising players going downhill under Wenger....

Chamakh, Walcott, Arshavin, Vela, Djourou, Bendtner, Fabianski ...

I'm sure there are plenty more.
    coincidence?

4. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Cos he is not that good.

5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

or maybe they werent as promising as your club and fans made out...but since they had the Arsenal shirt on you thought they were......best one out of them players potential wise is Arshavin and if you recall..he originally wanted to go to Barca..but they didnt want him for the prices being quoted....everyone has always questioned Walcott's footballing ability as oppose to his sprinting ability...i recall Spurs fans being taunted for getting the wrong Mexican when we got Dos Santos and you got Vela...the only thing that made Vela look more promising was that he was getting games whilst Dos Santos couldnt even get on the bench for us...therefore you thought youd got the better player when in reality..they are both lazy footballers better suited to a lazy league like Spain....Chamakh looked ok in France but he didnt offer enough football with his feet to be a success here as we all know...if heading is your strength..then youll have a job on in the PL where its all about massive defenders with some weight behind them....and so on and so forth...really these players havent been all that..just talked up as all that by the board who try to appease the fans in a fashion that reminds me of 'bribing kids with sweets,instead of taking the kid out..buying the kid toys..etc etc'

6. MrWright!

MrWright! Active Member

Fabianski was **** because of lack of playing, when he started regularlly he actually became good.
    Same with chamakh, bendtner and djourou actually

Arshavin just got too old and fat and lazy
    Vela i'm sure died.

It's just a mental thing by the players, walcott is clearly a massive confidence player, when he scored the hattrick for england, he came back and took on 5/6 players in an amazing run and set up RVP for a goal, then if something goes against him boom he tries to hard and doesn't believe in himself, same with most of our players really, must be some reason why we lack any confidence

Maybe it's wenger constantly saying he believes in how good they are and their strength etc that when they somehow don't easily hammer everyone they get confused!

7. Arsenal4life

Arsenal4life Well-Known Member

We should stop saying he is off form. He just isnt very good. I reackon how he has played this year is what we can expect for the rest of his career (at best)

8. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

Theo Walcott is only sporadically useful. Most of the time he is a complete waster who takes up a valuable position in the team, especially with the formation we play. He can **** off out of it as far as I'm concerned.

9. Arsenal4life

Arsenal4life Well-Known Member

Good super sub imo.

10. South London Spur

South London Spur New Member

So do you guys still think Walcott is better than Lennon? Just curious..

You seemed quite adamant about it before.

11. The thing is he is played out of position so I ask how it is he can be expected to fulfil his natural abilities if he is played out of position.

I don't know how bad Walcott is but I wonder if Wenger should have played him as a striker and RvP in a secondary position as has been suggested by the players ( certainly RvP himself ) and Dennis Bergkamp.

12. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

i was wondering this last night when the team was announced - RvP playing behind Theo with Ramsey out right and Rosicky out left in a 442. Didn't happen tho, and Rosicky looked out of place on the left, kept drifting inside and it kinda of unbalanced the team, but Ramsey seemed pretty out of it and wasn't contributing much.

13. That's the trouble I think Bon:emoticon-0171-star:

All too often players are placed out of position to satisfy Arsene's need to prove some theory of his or whatever. I wonder how it may have helped had this not happened. Guess we may never find out, at least for now.

14. South London Spur

Why didn't Oxo start?

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

maybe Wenger thought that he might not be ready for this stage..or to put it another way..your manager thought that it is unfair for everyone associated with Arsenal to be having such high expectations of a rookie,albeit a good rookie...because had he started and it gone tits up..then it could have affected Oxo's confidence in the forthcoming PL matches...where he has been very good for your team....i agree with Wenger's thinking on this one.

the old chestnut of 'if he's good enough,he's old enough' is just that...a chestnut!

16. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

Gibbs was playing his first game back after injury, and I think Wenger thought that Rosicky would give better protection defensively than Oxo.

17. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

He didn't play Rosicky out of position to 'prove some theory of his or whatever'. He played him there to provide some experience on the left because Gibbs was at LB. The same reason that he didn't start Oxo on the LW.

18. South London Spur

Oxo could have started on the right?

19. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

He could have done. But he started with Walcott. To be honest, I think Oxo deserves a place ahead of him at the moment.

20. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

Can you give him to us?