1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

how about this for a scenario!!

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Apr 29, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

It is entirely possible that we could determine the outcome of the premier title. Chelsea's second last game is against watford on monday 15th may. Spurs second last game is against us on the thursday 18th , lmagine if there was still 4 points between them. It would surely be the gentlemanly thing for us to win to hand the title to chelsea as a thankyou for their small piece of assistance at the end of last season!!! <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

That would be the perfect cycle. Given how bitter Spurs were from manager down to fans about us and the disrespect we had from them since the event, I'd love that

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. Would love to beat them after all their whining last season and this.

4. JohnTheFox

You don't post on the general prem board either do you NZ? There's a couple of right ones on there!

5. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would be nice but I think it will all be done and dusted by the time that Spurs come to the KP and we take the usual 3 points off them

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

No I don't, timing is a bit of an issue from where I am. Had some fun on the Arsenal one this week though.

7. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I can actually see this happening - would be a great story

8. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

You last beat us at your place in 2002. Teddy Sheringham was the only scorer for us.

This would be a typically Spursy story if it happened but in all honesty we face 3 teams before you who will want to beat us even more: Arsenal, West Ham then United. If we can emerge through that unscathed and still in with a shout for the title, I will be amazed.

9. JohnTheFox

Are you just counting league matches? I remember us beating you 3-2 from 2-0 in the FA cup when we were in the championship. Must have been 2006 or 07 ish. Before we went down to league 1

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

De Vries got the winner

11. Citizen Kane

Correct. But you don't get 3 points for a cup win <ok>

12. JohnTheFox

That would be why I asked the question are you just counting league. We seem to have had more joy on your patch with the draw this season (considering how poor we've been away and how good you've been at home) as well as the win last season and the draw in the cup last year as well. Even in our great escape season we played a 4-3 thriller I remember. Last game before we snapped into action. Maybe that was a turning point. Cheers guys <cheers> oh we won away at yours in the cup that season too! Yeah we like Spurs away

13. Citizen Kane

I was just responding to Miami Fox who said that you get 'the usual 3 points' whenever we visit the KP.

As you say, you seem to do much better at WHL for some reason. And your record against us in the cups is also annoyingly good. Apart from a certain match in 1999 that is <whistle>

JohnTheFox likes this.
  14. JohnTheFox

:emoticon-0148-yes:
    Oh I know, I was just musing about other results and thinking the same about both sides in the fixture being better away. You beat us in the first year at the KP and in the cup last season and we drew in the league didn't we. We've been very good at home under Shakey though so should be a good game. I suspect unlike HAIG would like to think, it won't be a battering. Looking forward to it :emoticon-0148-yes:
    I was a bit young to remember that ha. Started following it all just after that around 2001

15. Citizen Kane

I reckon it will be a close game too. If we win, it will be by a single goal. I can't see us battering anyone between now and the end of the season tbh as every game is massive for different reasons.

Oh you didn't miss much. One of the dullest cup finals in living memory between two pretty uninspiring teams. Was a terrible advert for an already flagging competition. A Nielsen header, Edinburgh losing his rag and Savage being a twat were the only notable highlights.

Oh, and your fans released a load of balloons before kick off which then floated onto the pitch throughout the game, distracting the players. Annoying at the time but hilarious with hindsight. Can't imagine how many corporate bellends got fired for sanctioning that little stunt.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017