1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Horrible way to decide Euro 2020

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Really don't like penalty shootouts, and this was another one .
    Not the best decision to bring on youngsters with a shootout imminent. Too much pressure on the boys and not enough confidence in the players subbed.
    In the end Southgates' conservative set up was unable to step up the pace and overrun Italy who were stuttering and misfiring. Players like Grealish should be starting in finals. England let the' advantage of a really excellent team goal, and a very good first half slip away.
    Italy sorted their problems and became more and more dangerous and got on top, their goal always looking likely. In the end experience alone got them home.
    Southgate has done a wonderful job with this team. There is no reason he can't make them even better, he has the talent, some of it sitting on the sidelines too often, just hope he has the inclination to take a more expansive approach.
    Big wrap from me for his defenders ,during the whole tournament they were miles better than just good.
    From a Chelsea point of view, Jorginho was a star, Mount a tad below his best and Emerson a much better player than I thought.

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Not a sausage of comment in 3 days even after a 55 year drought.
    So much for this as a forum for discussion.
    Truth is, England are, and have been for 55 years, absolute crap and Southgate is just another 20 years out of date, backward looking dope.. Mount is overrated, Kane is past it, Sterling a diving show pony who couldn't beat your granny one on one. , McGuire is a long ball plodding thug, , Stone as thick as one, Walker just that, walking not running, Trippier unable to get a gig even in the PL. Sando, Saka et al, just apprentice chokers, Pickford lucky to keep out a decent draught, Rice worth about a quid a kilo, and fat boy Shaw , the great goal scorer, a big improvement from a totally useless twat, to an OK twat.
    Italy, France, Brazil, Argentina and Germany produce player after player of immense skill, flair and professionalism, England produces players of promise, short time fame, and eventual obscurity.
    It's in the genes boys, get over it.

Comments????????????/

3. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Abandon ship mate!

See you on the prem board<whistle>

Diego likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's all been said before mate.

I couldn't watch the game on BBC1 because of Jenas' uncontrollable fawning during his match commentary.

I did switch back after 90 mins to see him spooning copious amounts of humble pie like a prize ****.

Hope that helps.

5. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Jenas is a clueless nob how the **** he has a job is beyond me tbh

Treble likes this.
  6. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

If England are dross, then the rest of Europe really are in a bad way. You don’t get to a major final by being poor.

Wind it in CP. I think many have simply had enough of the online onslaught on other channels. Anyway, this is a Chelsea board. Hasn’t got much to do with England...

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Apart from Chelsea being an English club.
    All i tried to do was get some kind of discussion going, but no takers.
    Not sure why this site is still happening, no one seems interested in discussion, just in praising or condemning.
    Anyway, my attempt failed, so apart from stating the obvious, not much point in this site even existing. I'm off to the Premier League forum as the Chelsea Forum is dead as a dodo.

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I agree with you CP. This sport I love is not as good as it used to be. Yet they get paid obscene amounts of money for delivering dross in copious amounts. This last tournament has been the most unedifying and we have not seen a single stand out player than would inspire the youth of today. Hagi, Stoikovic, Johnny Rep, Arri Haan, The Laudrup brothers. Fat Ronaldo, Cruyff, Platini, Didier Six, they were far more entertaining than this current crop. Problem is the current media is feeding us this tripe and telling us it is good and charging us a small fortune for watching it and lo and behold we are paying it. I now watch local football, yes level 5. It's far more in touch with the community that I support on every level.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Actually my rant on England team was simply saying the worst thing possible to get someone to state an opinion at least about a EuFA Final !!!
    There are of course some excellent players at every PL club and we have our share in Mount, Kante, Gilmour Havertz and a few others. As yet though apart from Kante, none have hit the levels of those you mention. I will always watch every Chelsea game and devour any info that comes my way. And because of where I now live, I watch the local team Melbourne City ( owned by YIKES ) Man City !! Not PL standard but fair dinkum, flat out, full throttle football played with a blend of youth and experience and really great goalscoring most weeks. It only costs £10 to get in and fans and facilities are excellent, with £2 cold beer and hot meat pies !!! What could be better ??