1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hordur - Has he gone?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jun 11, 2018.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

2. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Plenty of sources from a week ago saying he was 'on the verge', but still nothing official. Possibly waiting until after the World Cup to finalise? I'm assuming he is leaving and because he himself wanted to be a starter and we agreed to let him go, rather than us outright binning him.

3. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I’m sure the deal has been agreed and both clubs are waiting to see if he comes through the tournament unscathed. CSKA are probably holding off just in case he snaps his leg in half in the first game. As soon as Iceland are knocked out it will probably be announced shortly after.

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I thought it was a done deal but can’t officially sign till July 1st

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

If both Mags and I assume Bryan both on their way were going to be rather short at LB , whilst Kelly did well at times the last game showed he isn’t ready for first team yet .

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Backed up by the BristolPost journo guy too.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I see Hordur played the full 90 mins vs Aguero, Messi and Co. I think all he needed was regular football, as frustrated as I got with him last season, I would keep him and get rid of Wright, but looks like the deal is done.
    I think we will regret this one!!

Redprintt and Red Robin like this.
  9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

He looked relatively comfortable today even though he caused the penalty.

10. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Another cock up by the manager,Maggs has loads more to give,just needs game time,I would put him in Flints place when he is sold.

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If you bothered to read the original posting regarding Hordur, LJ did NOT want him to go but would not stand in his way of champions league football.

12. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

In fairness, there has been evidence to suggest LJ wanted him shipped out. There were rumours of him going back in January (can't remember which club it was to, but I think the deal didn't get done in time), and Gregor McGregorface has suggested that he has no future at City too.

13. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I have to admit my understanding is Mags isn’t one of LJ’s favourite’s, even the article ROD refers to said he didn’t want him to go ‘this early in the window’ .

I personally like Mags , he does have a tendency to make mistakes , but he’s still only young. My opinion is he will get better , will cut out the mistakes and will be a very good player in the future.

When he came on the last game of the season because Kelly was out of his depth he was excellent , he looked confident and relaxed , I wondered then if he’d already arranged a move tbh.

Players need managing in different ways , LJ calling him out for his mistakes to the press didn’t work , I think he needed arm around him and reassurance , but then what do I know.

Red Robin likes this.
  14. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

It looked like that mistake against Man City was the last straw for LJ with him and he barely played after that.

15. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Good player we are letting go sadly.:steam:

16. bcfcredandwhite

To be fair I found myself groaning at him at times. He seemed to give the ball away a lot and you mentioned that mistake vs Man C Supcon, but what about his identical mistake vs Wolves? - a game we should have won and ended up losing. Whenever he had the ball, with an attacker bearing down on him I could hardly bear to watch!!
    Despite this I can see the making of a very good player and I was gutted for him when he gave that penalty away the other day playing for Iceland. I would LOVE him to stay and iron out those mistakes with us, but at the same time I can understand why LJ would let him go if he wants to.

17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R&W
    Memory not what it was but could the problem have been BW keeping Wolves onside ?

18. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I like him but he wouldn't get in my best back four and with the likes of Vyner and Kelly coming through this seems like a good deal for all concerned. We get some money for a squad player and he gets to play Champions League football

19. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Wasn't this against Cardiff?

Supcon72 and RedorDead like this.
  20. bcfcredandwhite

Mine neither - Loathsneyd suggested it might have been vs Cardiff - I need a tablet.

I seem to remember a situation where he was under pressure at LB and should have just put his laces through the ball - but instead got robbed and it led to a goal - I thought it was vs Wolves but I may be wrong - and can't be arsed to trawl through the Youtube highlights of City defeats to find it!!!

You may well be right re: Wright RP - but I thought the main villain in that game was LJ himself - for pushing Flint forward when 1-0 up against a 10-man team who's specialty all season was hitting the opposition on the break.

AshtonRed likes this.