1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Home Run Chairboys v Stanley 17th Sept 19

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Well the unbeaten start to the season has ended and we are back at Adams Park for a double header and first up is Stanley who we have a dire home record against having only won once in 11 occasions 10 years ago and our last two meetings at AP we lost 4-0 and 3-1 so not good reading, however we have won our last six games at AP so lets hope that run continues.
    Gaz will hope to have some players back from the treatment room but may be without Alex Samuel who went off in the first half on Saturday Wheeler Kashket Thompson and Parker and all looking for a start Bloomfield could be back and Fred could make the bench.
    I will be going to this one I don't normally go to midweek games but as this one is early in the season the weather shoul be fine, altough we lost on Saturday there was one stat that stood out we had 13 shots to the Gills 4 all on target while we only had 2 on target a stat we need to change and I expect the lads to do just that and continue our home run<cheers>

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It would be interesting to see which teams have had the most shots. I suspect we would be high on the list. If only more could be on target and hit the back of the net

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Tonight's game is live on IFollow for £10 so that's my Tuesday evening sorted, cider in the kitchen on tap and a veggie pitza with green jalapenos on top for heat. <cheers>

Ron likes this.
  4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Fred starts up front with Kashket and Wheeler and Blooms is back, i'd expect to see goals from us if nobody gets injured.

5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Looks like we are getting run over by Accrington

6. philhythe

That goal has been coming looking at the stats

7. philhythe

According to BBC stats 10 shots not one on target

8. philhythe

At least we managed a point

9. philhythe

Hanging on to third place, 18 shots with 3 on target

10. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Well that was a game of 2 half's 1st half we started well for 10 mins but then we were just chasing shadows and the only surprise was that we were just the one goal down at half time also on Fred's return to action he started well but drifted out of the game after 30 mins Gaz must have given one hell of a half time rant as we came out firing and Stanley were chasing shadows Fred came off after 60 mins and was dead on his feet not sure why he wasn't replaced at HT and Bayo made an impact from the start and it was only a matter of time before we equalised and to be honest we could have nicked it was but a fair result in the end

Ron likes this.