1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hillsborough; 34yrs on...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Apr 25, 2016.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

yes god bless those jurors for sitting that long.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  2. saintKlopp

I'm no expert either, but as far as I know: "Unlawful Killing" is a verdict reached by a c0roner's inquest, and not a court of justice. It doesn't usually seek to apportion blame - that's the job of the criminal justice system - merely to show that further investigation may be necessary because the deaths are unlawful. After that, it's up to the CPS to decide if there is sufficient evidence to pursue any individual(s).
    If I'm wrong here, perhaps someone better informed can correct me.
    I'm assuming that the bit you highlighted is someone's opinion based on the weight and nature of the evidence gathered by the coroner.

Treble likes this.
  3. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

The way in understand it is that from a coroners view, a death could be from 1. Natural causes (disease, old age etc) 2. Accidental death 3. Unlawful killing and 4. Undetermined (or words to that effect).

Unlawful killing does not mean that someone will be punished but it means that the death resulted from the actions of others and should not have occurred.

The question is whether the people responsible will be taken to court and face justice. IMO it will depend on whether people high up in the establishment are/were implicated and whether a prosecution will reveal things that some may wish to be kept in the dark.

Treble likes this.
  4. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

Too long in coming the inquest and the verdict

5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Could have been spurs fans 8 yrs before as others have said...the truth is it could have been any fans. We were treated like scum back in the 1980s. Harassed and bullied by the police, caged in like criminals and called scum by the press. All because it was cheaper and easier to treat all fans like scum rather than dealing with hooligans.
    I have supported and been involved in many justice campaigns through my trade union so can see just how much bravery these campaigners have shown.
    Finally, it should not be forgotten how much worse this tragedy was made by the lies told about those poor souls that died by the police, tory politicians and the sun. My son died in 1994 and I still miss him and cry over him 22 yrs later...I can not even guess how much worse it must be if scummy ****ers had publically spread lies about how he died. If they can not be prosecuted I hope they rot in hell. Every one who lead and supported this campaign can and should be proud of themselves tonight.
    In a wum way I can not stomach LFC ... but tonight you'll never walk alone!

6. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

QPR fan in peace and respect. I hope and pray that the perpetrators of this crime are now bought to account. I have read today that Duckenfield had lost sleep and suffered from PTSD. Well phuck him, what about the families that had to suffer his lies and constant cover up? I hope the bastard rots in hell.

7. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Politicians are still all twats

please log in to view this image

8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

He also made no mention of bringing those responsible to account (Corbyn did, don't know what anyone else said) so he said literally the minimum he could and took a stronger position on the Suarez bite

9. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

I've been to a friend's funeral today so haven't had the chance to comment, I have let only a few people know over the years on this site that I lost a mate at Hillsborough (Roy Hamilton), I also have known the Gilhooley's(John Paul's family)for a long time, I'm also a good friend of Alan McGlone's brother(another of the 96)and was with him on Sunday.
    I have vehemently supported the justice campaign for 27 years like many others and I can finally say that the long fight was worth it from my point of view but it's the families that deserve all and every accolade possible for their resolute defiance and determination to get Justice for their loved ones.

May those that obstructed the truth and lied rot in hell forever.

JFT96

10. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Driving home they had a 15 minute special on it on radio.

For someone that was only just born when it happened and has no real connection to the people and city other than supporting the club, was hard to just listen to everything. Obviously know a lot but just to hear people talking about it, and singing ynwa outside the courthouse..

Was hard to keep it together driving home!

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Fantastic news for all those who have suffered and campaigned tirelessly for years to receive justice for their loved ones.
    Next step should now be to hang the ones who covered up and blatantly lied about this disaster.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  12. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

13. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

14. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

This force should be disbanded and handed over to others.

15. Skylarker

Just read through the thread. Some great posts on a great day. No need to add anymore tbh.

Amazing job by the campaigners, incredible the lengths they went to.

16. Dell Boy

Dell Boy Well-Known Member

Saints fan in peace.
    Thought I was pretty well read on the Hillsborough tragedy, but some of the things mentioned on TalkSport this afternoon I found really schocking?
    Total admiration to those family and friends who never gave up and eventually saw justice, to fight for 27 years is remarkable.
    Don't know if its an age thing but every time I hear 'You'll never walk alone' I get a lump in my throat the size of your fist.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  17. Skylarker

How do you know how big my fist is?

18. moreinjuredthanowen

There was a guardian article I read today on how it only took moments under examination for the lies told by the police and faithfully rabbited by the rag to be shown for what they were.

No dead with empty pockets, no dead with pockets jammed full. All lies and truth all hidden as the police own records of inventories of dead showed the truth.

Someone must be done for purgory for the first inquest.

19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

You'd think s a minimum would be able to prosecute many for perverting the course of justice

20. moreinjuredthanowen

You'd think. I hope it's not too long ago or something.