1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hidden Gem - Armin Hodzic

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Redbrynner, May 20, 2014.

1. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Over the last few years we have seen some good players come through our youth system and make an impact in the first team.

Preseason a couple of years ago I remember watching our u18s beat USA u18s. One of the goals was scored by a young Bosnian lad called Armin Hodzic, a beautiful deft chip over the keeper that showed a beautiful calmness in front of goal.

Since then he has been loaned out back to his home team Zeljeznicar in the Bosnian topflight where he has had a good record in front of goal.

He is a good all round striker who is touted as the new Dzeko in his homeland. I think the lad could be useful for us in the future. There are a wealth of videos of him on youtube, have a look and see if you think he deserves a chance with us, or perhaps a loan somewhere a little closer to home to see his potential.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Hodžić

2. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

19 goals in 45 games is respectable for a 19 year old... although it wasn't a top league. It will be interesting to keep an eye out for him.

3. danilo.

danilo. Well-Known Member

Serbia and Croatia's leagues are awful.
    Bosnia's is even worse than that. (Not their fault, the country is too divided to even agree on a national anthem, let alone unify in promoting their football).
    They have good individual players going to the WC and I hope they do well, but domestically it's :emoticon-0172-mooni (like Croatia/Serbia).

That being said 19 goals is a pretty good return for a 19 year old anywhere. As much as I slate it, it's probably about the level of League 1/2, which is around where our youngsters are playing here at his age.
    Hopefully he comes good and returns rejuvenated!

4. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I haven't done this for way too long.......

Sympathy post <ok> <laugh>

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Great timing...

6. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Answers that one then...lol.