1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Help Me!

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by EssexPilgrim, Dec 30, 2014.

1. EssexPilgrim

EssexPilgrim Member

Can someone 'in the know' please advise me on how to jump to the last unviewed post when selecting a thread to read rather than having to troll through all the posts from the start of the thread which you may have already read, I'm probably doing something wrong but since the new look I can't seem to do this and it can be a tad tiresome reading posts over and over (that's not a reflection on the sublime quality of posters on this forum, but life is too short, and getting shorter for some of us)

Many Thanks, Essex.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If it helps, and I'm not sure it will but here goes. When I opened your thread, i.e. this one, under the Q box in the top left hand corner there was a "go to the last unread......" note. Now I have opened all the other threads previously so this now doesn't show on any of them and as there is none new I haven't read I can't confirm this comes up each time there is something new. But suspect it probably does. Warning though, I am to technology what Jonah was to shipping. You might need better advice from elsewhere.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Essex P.....over the righthand side of each thread....under the last posters name....it tells you how long ago that comment was posted......click on the time.....and wait awhile and it should go to it.....that's how I do it.....maybe there is another way......jools will tell us if there is.....cos she's the <diva>.

4. EssexPilgrim

EssexPilgrim Member

You do yourself a disservice sensible, thanks, that's what I was after, just couldn't see for looking.

Plymborn, your method also works, it takes you to the latest post so better than starting from the first everytime but now our resident technology expert sensible has pointed me in the direction of the last unread post button I'll probably favour that option.

Why do things seem ever more complicated the older you become? With all the amazing medical advances of the modern era you'd think someone would've come up with the non deteriorating brain.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Essex P...........wait till your sensibles age...... or even my age.......and you'll wonder how to get out of bed in the mornings.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's because I generally don't get out of bed in the morning if I can help it.

Trust me it was a guess Essex and not any real knowledge.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not liking this new 606 anymore than first time I clocked in...........too much light blue....hard to see some of the printing just different shades of light blue.

Messaging (called conversations) not easy......and how do you erase old ones..........is there a total that stops you messaging....until you erase some old ones like before......sent one message and I can't prove if it was posted or find it on my conversations........sorry I'm not impressed at all that this site is fit for purpose.

Closes down after awhile and you have to sign back in.........too bright to watch for long anyway.

8. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Plymborn,
    If you open the message you sent above it is "leave the conversation" if you click that it removes the message .... hope this helps x

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

...........if I can only find the message...........:emoticon-0145-shake

I'll check later.....thanks Jools.......got to go to grandsons birthday do.......and another one tomorrow..... daughter-in-laws birthday.......that's bad planning, having birthdays on the 1st and the 2nd just as we are getting over Christmas & the New Year.........son-in-laws as well before the month is out.....I'm totally skint now.....:rolleyes: