1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by KingoStarr, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingoStarr

KingoStarr Active Member

Evening all folks, I'm doing a business plan for a hotel that is themed around Newcastle United for my Travel and Tourism coursework.

The hotel is for away fans or fans that no longer or have never lived in Newcastle to get a general experience of what the experience is all about and the business plan (which is a huge ball ache I might add) needs the market research.

Just generally speaking, do you feel there is a niche in the market for this sort of thing and would you be happy to see this business proposition and think its a good idea?

Thanks in advance for the help.

P.s The quicker I do this the quicker I update Division 1 prediction league so if you're in the league its up to you <laugh>

2. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Do I sense a bit of blackmail there?

There's been a lot of away fans in the past come onto the board asking for information about Hotels in and around the SJP area so this kind of thing will be very helpful for them.

3. KingoStarr

KingoStarr Active Member

Bribing, I'm not saying I wont do it, maybe just put other tasks in the list of priority before doing it <whistle>

Thanks for the feedback though so much appreciated

4. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

If you got it well advertised i'm sure it would do well

5. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

Sounds very niche, wouldn't want it to have too many rooms i guess

6. Mod Face

Mod Face Well-Known Member

The obvious issue would be its use outside of matchdays. To compensate for uneven business you'd have to charge a premium but then you'd have to show that it warrants a higher price. Apart from the night before and the night of a match the hotel would have to be capable of competing with other regular hotels, something it may struggle with.

A small B&B could work but you'd struggle to make money from that.

7. Sir Bobby

Sir Bobby Active Member

Also how many people actually stay over? I know there are a few but how many people would stay over after Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton, Fulham (maybe more so with them), Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Wolves games? I couldn't see too many. As Shola Face said a small B&B would work, but you'd need high prices which would mean you'd have to lure people in, which would probs increase costs too

8. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

You'd probably never get repeat business. Fans may (at a push) use it once but no more as if they ever came back they'd be familiar with the City. And could it ever compete with a cheap Travelodge room? Then you'd have the problem of unoccupied rooms between matches and when we are playing away, not to mention the summer. Can't think many other visitors to the city and business men would stay in a football themed hotel. Unless you hire the fittest birds you can find to work there and clad them in slutty outfits. That might work <ok>

9. KingoStarr

KingoStarr Active Member

I worded it wrong its a small hotel/B&B it has 4 rooms and the football theme is too give it character of which I read online businessmen search for as they are bored of the same sort of thing.
    There is room converted into a bar with a 50 inch tele, sofas and a snooker table/dart bored showing live European football as well.

10. Sir Bobby

Sir Bobby Active Member

That would work well I think. Could use it as a lad pad on weekdays for people on stag-dos

11. Why aye Cabaye

More of a 'lads pad' than traditional hotel / b&b.

Still think you'd really struggle to get enough custom in the real world.

12. I want curly hair too

I want curly hair too Active Member

I can see it now;

'The Shearer Suite'

'The Beardsley Bar'

'The Laurent Robert Room'

'Malcolm MacDonald Mastersuite'

13. KingoStarr

KingoStarr Active Member

Most likely yes but its only coursework and I've managed to BS my self out of most situations I'll do it again :p

14. KingoStarr

KingoStarr Active Member

That is the plan <laugh>

15. Why aye Cabaye

Haha,good work.

Yeah, just waffle about having a high end bespoke finish that executive clients will pay top dollar for. You're selling an experience, not a room!

16. KingoStarr

KingoStarr Active Member

This.
    Literally everything I do in T&T is way over extravagant with profit margins reduced to like 1% if I charge RRP then I just BS about how the Ritz hotel has a reputation for the experience so can use a premium pricing scheme which I will go for <laugh>

17. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

I misread the bottom one there. Thought it was some sort of happy ending massage.....

18. Why aye Cabaye

<laugh>

19. rabit71

rabit71 Member

i reckon it'd have to be more newcastle themed than newcastle united themed.

obviously newcastle united would heavily influence it anyway but it'd leave more scope for alternative revenue other than matchday

20. mag la rue

mag la rue Member

If it's for the away fans then I would say you need to cater for their team, not Newcastle. Have it decked out as Newcastle United, but classy to reflect premium rates. black and white colour theme etc, Support the history and magnificence of newcastle but you need to show the away team highlights in the bar to get the fans singing. You could chuck in freebies like scarves and that. everyone likes a freebie. What I'm saying is would you want to go to say Arsenal and have Arsenal rammed down your throat for a weekend. win, lose or draw there saturday afternoon and you're surrounded by the stuff til 10am sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.