1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hello Hello We're Back Again Chairboys v Tangerines 4th Aug 18

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys are back playing our first game in League One its been six long seasons since our last adventure at this level and lets hope this season doesn't go the same way as our last two ventures at this level and first up is the Tangerines visit to Adams Park a team that won promotion two seasons ago and in that season we came up against them on three occasions all very tight affairs ending in draws.
    Gaz has pretty much kept faith we the squad that won promotion bringing in one brand new face plus three familiar faces to the squad with just Luke O'Nien being sold, with just six days left in the transfer market and the loan market closing at the end of the month Gaz will be busy bringing in additions.
    As the heatwave continues its off to AP for Slasher and me and the boy is joining us as well and we will be partaking in a little liquid refreshment before watching an enjoyable game hoping for our first win in League One since March 2012<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll be at the beach all afternoon but hopefully get back in time to see a half time score of 2-0. Realistically, I expect it to be 0-0 or 0-1. Hopefully we can get off to a good start but a draw will keep us off the bottom for a while <laugh>. COYB

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

A slight worry it seems we have the oldest squad in the football league, could come back to bite us in this heat & after Christmas

4. Guywanderer

O'Nien starts for Sunderland

5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Subbed at H/T.
    Only 5 subs for us today including a keepr and no new names <doh> Christ i'll be ecstatic with a point <laugh>

6. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

We are up to 19th. Only 5 subs is a bit of a worry but I’m sure GA has something up his sleeve.

7. Cardiff-Wycombe

Up to 14th

8. Cardiff-Wycombe

13th and a clean sheet, happy with that.

Rocky blue army likes this.
  9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just got back from the beach. Good point but whizzing through Twitter it looks as though it was a bit one sided in terms of chances

10. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I think he'll be sidelined until he gets up to speed now <laugh> - He looked a little loss today, I hope we haven't signed a dud... We'll give him time though, it's only one game.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can be very difficult settling into a new set of players. Sometimes new players have to find the ball themselves as other established players prefer to pass to someone they know. Quite common. Technically, he is probably superior to most of the players. Hope they don't resent that

12. Saf

I think you're under estimating our players, Ron. Our youth players who are playing practically all represent England at youth level. It's a new team, the lads don't know each other so no established players passing to somebody else. Like I said though, he'll get time to settle in and find his feet. I read the reviews when he came and they were all very impressive, so I am hopeful he can become a good first team player but he's made a huge step-up.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think I'm looking forward to playing Sunderland <laugh>

Saf likes this.
  14. philhythe

A good point looks like we had the most chances & the only team of the four promoted to get a point.

15. philhythe

I don't think Luke will turn out to be a dud, the one thing Saffy at least you only paid about the 400k for Luke, not some of the millions you have paid out before. Sunderland probably covered his fee on the gate comfortably yesterday. Living in Southampton I have heard of your new owner the one thing is he will not give up like Ellis Short did.

Saf likes this.
  16. Guywanderer

A solid display yesterday and very unlucky not to get all three points Bayo missed three headers he would normally put away also we should have had a pen when AEA was hauled to the ground in the box Blackpool must have been studying the Tunisians art of defending and playacting Harri was unlucky to get sent off as Delfouneso ran into him and the threw himself to the ground but as least he wasn't cluching his face unlike Dodoo early in the first half he went down after a fair challenge from AEA who won the ball and spent the next five minutes doing a Neymar

Ron likes this.
  17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ellis was too far up his own arse and came up short.

Saf likes this.
  18. Guywanderer

I see that Ingram Scowan and Eze all played the full game for QPR yesterday

Rocky blue army and Ron like this.
  19. Saf

Stewie Donald is just the face of it. The man behind it is called Sartori, he's a very rich man indeed. Stewie Donald hasn't got the finances to fund a Premier league team, or arguably, even a championship team.

20. philhythe

That is a bit of news I did'nt know, I hope it turns out better this time Saffy. From what I have read looks like the owners have fallen out at Sheff.U