1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Heidi's blog Leeds United v Coventry 28/9/24

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by FollowMe&LeedsUnited, Sep 29, 2024 at 1:42 AM.

1. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

Leeds United v Coventry 28th September 2024 at Elland Road
    please log in to view this image

After another challenging week with an 8-hour a&e visit on Monday and my husband being admitted to hospital for tests on Wednesday, once again I thank everyone for their kindness and concern which is appreciated. With it also being the anniversary of my mum’s death today, it’s no wonder the tears flowed at times and my legs went to jelly. Thankfully Leeds got a win with three goals and another clean sheet which went a long way to taking my mind off things. As a family we have to take each day at a time. I know we are not the only family going through traumatic times as others, including some close to us, are dealing with their own traumas. As always, the Leeds United family all come together to support each other through times of need.

Team: Meslier, Ampadu, Rodon, Struijk, Aaronson, Bogle, Firpo, Jospeh, Gnonto, Gruev, Ramazani.

Subs: Tanaka for Ampadu (41), Piroe for Ramazani (70), Byram for Firpo (82), Rothwell for Joseph (82), Schmidt for Gnonto (82).

Subs not used: Darlow, Bamford, Gelhardt, Debayo.

Leeds won the game 3-0 with goals from Gnonto (16), Bogle (49), Piroe (79).

Attendance: 36,625 with approx. 2,900 Coventry fans.

Referee: Gavin Ward.

Booked: Rodon.

Within minutes of the start Bogle went flying into the air near the box as Leeds were awarded a free kick. It didn’t take long to take the lead though as a move involving both Aaronson then Firpo with a great pass, saw Gnonto hit a first time shot into the roof of the net. That steadied the nerves especially when we had a chance to double the lead shortly afterwards as the keeper saved Gruev’s shot. Ramazani was the next one to see the keeper tip his shot over the bar and shortly afterwards Joseph saw a shot saved. Just before half time Ampadu went down injured, and the trainers came on. He didn’t last long after that as he went down injured again so was replaced by Tenaka. The score stayed at 1-0 to Leeds as we went into the break but it was good to see Leeds shooting, catching the opposition out, instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.

The second half was only a few minutes old when Leeds did double their lead. Leeds attacked the Kop, with Ramazani receiving the ball from Bogle before passing it back to him to score. A great ball from Tanaka to Gnonto on the wing saw him take the ball forward before passing to Piroe who scored a third goal on the day. Coventry had their first shot of the game in injury time with Meslier making a good save to keep the clean sheet.

With two away games at Norwich and Sunderland next week, it was good to get another win to keep the pressure on other teams around us in the top six. See you soon, LUFC – Marching on Together!