1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hector To Join In January

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Sep 5, 2019.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Great news from our official site, COYW's

Thursday 5 September 2019 16:00
    The Club is delighted to confirm that Michael Hector will join from Chelsea in January for an undisclosed fee.

Hector, 27, has penned a deal which ties him to Fulham until at least the summer of 2022, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further 12 months.

Hector will be training at Motspur Park ahead of what will be a vital second half of the season.

The imposing centre-back spent last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, playing 37 times in the Championship and subsequently winning the Owls’ Player of the Year trophy.

please log in to view this image

Speaking after making the short move across SW6, Hector told fulhamfc.com: “It was an easy decision to make. My Mum’s from Fulham, so it’s nice to join a club that some of my family support.

“It’s good to now be a part of the setup here. Hopefully things can work out well and we can get promoted. I know how tough the Championship is and it won’t be any different for us.

“We’ll have to work hard for it but the squad is very good and my job will be to help them push for promotion.”

Having added a defender to his ranks, Tony Khan said: “Michael Hector is a talented central defender with experience in the Championship, where he was Sheffield Wednesday’s Player of the Year last season, and his imposing height will bring a new dimension to our defence.

“Although Michael can’t officially join our First Team until January, what's important is he’s now a member of Fulham Football Club. Michael will help us challenge for promotion and make us better in the second half of the season, at a time when depth, experience and quality will be at a premium in the Championship. Come on Fulham!”

Hector began his career at Reading and, after taking in several loan spells, established himself in the Royals backline in 2014/15, with his performances attracting the attentions of Chelsea who brought him to Stamford Bridge that summer.

He then gained valuable experience across a variety of loan stints. After a year back at the Madejski Stadium, he sampled German football with Eintracht Frankfurt in 2016/17, featuring 27 times as they finished 11th in the Bundesliga and reached the German Cup Final.

Hector was back in the Championship for the subsequent two seasons, racking up a total of 77 appearances for Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday.

A full Jamaican international, Hector has represented his country at the Copa America and the Gold Cup, helping them to the Final of the latter in 2015.

2. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

This is a great signing in my opinion, I believe Hector will be a major player for us... he has played for three clubs already in the championship Reading where he played well enough for Chelsea to notice and splash out £5 million on him.... Hull where I believe why not spectacular fans were happy with him... and Sheff Wednesday last year where he won player of the year and was arguably the best centre half in the division!! Though Ream and and Mawson have been fine he is taller than both and is quicker than both!

On top of this I was speaking to a Charlton fan friend who I know knows his football and he said years ago he watched Charlton play Cheltenham town and an unknown young centre back on loan at Cheltenham named Michael Hector was the best player on the pitch by a million miles and ever since he has hoped Charlton might sign him one day!

2whitestripes likes this.