1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Heads up my sports friends!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Southcoastoldgaffer, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

The fortunes of ITFC come and go, and I have been lucky to have followed, watched, cheered, booed over some 60 years now. And I have been very lucky these last 5 years, unlike some 606 ers we know, to have survived Prostate Cancer.
    I told you a while ago i was makng a documentary film about it, as it hopes to make life much easier for men and their partners. Especially for those over 50, those younger get it too.
    May I take the liberty of sharing this with you. This may be for you, your partner, your Dad, your brother or Uncle.

or on vimeo

Or go to website

https://prostatecancerfilm.com/

I'd love you to grab a coffee, a glass of vino & watch this film.

It really might help you, or someone else, now or down the line.

Old Gaffer

2. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Superb Old Gaffer, this like so many has affected my family in recent months, fortunately the person affected has taken heed of alot of the warnings and seems to have caught it earlier enough to be well monitored. I'll sit down and watch it all later, as I've been told when I reach a certain age due to family history I should get checked. Keep up the great work Gaffer and thank you for doing what you've done

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Many thanks ITFC, yes it does run in families, and part genes part environmental, and part the crap food we sometimes eat! Glad yr relation caught it early.
    Like most cancers, the earlier tested and detected, the much better yr chances...to see Town back in Premiership in 10 yrs time under Yankee owners!!

itfcptc likes this.
  4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Well done Old Gaffer.
    Had a test a couple of years back at PR with my Dad and brother,all clear for us I’m glad to say,but never take these things for granted.

5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Excellent documentary Gaffer, this was eye opening and really well filmed. Also, you should be narrating audiobooks with that voice!

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

I am glad to hear that Bigal!

7. Southcoastoldgaffer

Thanks Nuggets! I was lucky to interview so many experts in their field, and quite moving to tell their own stories, often off camera. As it happens, I enjoy writing children stories, and then messing about telling them!

Nuggets likes this.
  8. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Something I need to get sorted Scoggy, I'm 51 and not been tested for anything in the last 20+ years. Not blood pressure, colesterol, prostrate etc etc etc.
    I believe in the medical benefits of Rioja but that alone is probably not enough<doh>
    I will get a proper service sorted!!

9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Good on you Spanish, the amazing man from Cornwall and lovely wife we feature, we interviewed the day before Lockdown March 2020, he was 42 when diagnosed! Sadly its not just for old geezers like me.

Good health is precious and the key to so much enjoyment in life!

San Diego and Spanish like this.