1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Head Over Heels Chairboys v Canaries 28th Feb 21

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys welcome the Canaries to Adams Park for their forth ever visit on their previous three visits they have left with the spoils in fact in our five games against them we have yet to get a positive result and with the Canaries sitting seven points clear at the top of the table its going to be a difficult task but we are fighting for our lives and we need to take every chance we get.
    With everyone back in training Gaz has lots of choice but after a good display and great win in midweek I wouldn't expect too many changes Knight will drop back into the defence alongside Stewart and Ofoborh Gape Thompson and Adeniran will be fighting for a start also Hogan and Muskwe could start up front.
    I've had good and bad news this week the bad was that we won't be seeing any crowds at AP for the rest of the season the good was I've had my first jab and with three points in the bag from Tuesday lets have another three on Sunday<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Guywanderer

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

What a save from Stockdale from the free kick!! <applause> <applause> Ryan who? <laugh><laugh>

4. Guywanderer

Bollox 0-1

5. mowgli1960

bollox 0-1 a lucky deflection. :headbang:

6. mowgli1960

F*ck me 5 substitutions made at once by Ainsworth. :shocked: Hope we don't get any more injuries.

7. mowgli1960

Game over 0-2 just after we were denied a clear penalty yet again! :steam: :steam:

Ron likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

****ing bastard ref. How was that not a penalty. How many cast iron penalties have we not been given this season. Norwich were clearly the better side but they didn't really make much impression, mostly passing it around. There was hope until that penalty decision and the following scrambled goal. Even the first goal was a lucky deflection. I'm really getting pissed off with refs and linesmen turning a blind eye to obvious penalties, and disallowing perfectly valid goals. It's difficult enough in this league without the officials putting the knife in

mowgli1960 and Guywanderer like this.
  9. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I thought just about summed up our season, first goal lucky defllection, second a scramble, a penalty turned down with Krul & a possible sending off if that had been VAR decision. It certainly makes you wonder in the Premier League the smaller teams are saying the decisions go against them, looks like the Championship is the same. Norwich the better passing side & team, play like that in the Premiership & guess where they will be in season 22/23. What got me about the Krul incident he then gave a free kick against Knight.

Ron likes this.
  10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From what I have seen of the top teams, I will be surprised if any of those promoted to the Premier will stay there. Having said that, Spurs struggled to beat us until we caved in 5 mins from the end. I think we are doing remarkably well against these top teams, despite the many bad decisions against us. How long can we keep up this resistance though? If we could keep the same squad next year, plus improve our strike force, I think we could be in for some good times

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I bet Allsop is wondering if he will get back in.

12. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

That is the problem being a goalkeeper

13. Guywanderer

We played well yesterday and were unlucky not to get something out of it but yet again the decisions went against us their keeper should have seen red and we should have had a pen for the elbow into Ofoborh's neck