1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hazard States Arsenal Ambition

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Arsenal87, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Eden Hazard has hinted a move to Arsenal this summer would be best for his career just days after stating he'd be happy to leave Lille for Tottenham. Hazard has recently been linked with Paris St Germain, plus Premier League clubs Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea. The 21-year-old sparked a rumours of an imminent transfer to Spurs with his comments earlier this week, but has now revealed their north London rivals could be his club of choice.

"There are several clubs that interest me in England and Arsenal is really a part," Hazard told Foot Sport magazine. "Of course, it's always more fun when the football is beautiful. In addition, at Arsenal, there is a French coach and French players, as well as my compatriot Thomas Vermaelen."

Though Hazard's next club remains unclear, the Belgian playmaker again declared his preference for a switch to the Premier League from the reigning Ligue 1 champions.

"That's the championship where I think I can express myself better," said Hazard. "Where I can learn more, too. It's difficult to explain why, it's a question of feeling.

"The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums, this is still well above anything I've experienced so far in France and that attracts me. And I know many people in England - this is another added attraction."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-hazard-reveals-arsenal-move-ambition?cc=5739

While this is very good news, it seems like he's simply looking at Arsenal as a springboard to further launch his career, he's only 21, and Arsenal would be very good for him as he says, he would get guaranteed first team football and by the time his contract runs up he would be around 24-25 and would probably move on (like Nasri, Fabregas, Flamini etc).

2. Viva Vela

Viva Vela Member

Hazard is getting boring now.

His numerous flirtations with several clubs is just looking for attention.

Not that good anyway, I'd rather have Carlos Vela back.

3. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

The man is the ultimate transfer tease. Is there a club left that he has not linked himself with?

4. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. Bergkamp a Dutch master

HAZARD seems to be a transfer whore.

6. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

He may just see us as a springboard but if we won something, that would probably persuade him to stay, impossible if we don't have a complete clearout and reinvestment though.

7. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

The problem is that Hazard isn't going to win us trophies, he will make us much stronger no doubt, but he won't win us a trophy, he's only 21, he's still learning, and as everyone has been saying, we need to inject experience to accompany and help with the youth. We have seen it with Fabregas, Nasri, and many other top young talents we had at the club, while they made us very strong, they weren't enough to get us the titles as we lacked the experienced players on the field (although they played a lot of games, which counts as experiance, age really does matter, you can be a 23 year old who has played 200 games, but your experiance and all round game will still not be at the same level as a 26-27 year old). It's all about having a good balance.

8. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I always thought Arsenal was one of his preferred destinations. I'm sorry but I really don't believe all the talk that he would be heading to Spurs...

9. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

Maybe so but we need better players first of all and if he is half as good as he is hyped up to be then he would improve us.

10. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, Hazard on his own certainly wouldn't be enough but bringing him in as part of a major personnel change with a few other signings would make us a force again.

11. Samurai

Samurai Active Member

He's only saying this so he can get the move to Barca/Madrid that he REALLY wants, but they both don't want him. Madrid will sign Neymar this summer, whilst Barca might sign someone like Gareth Bale.

12. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

who the f@ck wants a player who says " yeah i might go to Arsenal , or maybe Chelsea , oo Tottenham is nice and of course there is Utd."

Let the knobhead go somewhere else , if he doesnt WANT to join only the arsenal , we dont want that sort of non-commitment .

what have we all been talking about for the last few days ?

passion for the shirt.!

w@@@@@@nker !

13. I think you can be passionate for a club once you have made your mind up. He's obviously not sure yet.

14. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

I got a bad feeling about the guy. he sounds like a lead swinger.

15. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

He'll go to a champions league team and one that'll throw the most money at him...making himself look like he'll blend in beautifully at city to be honest

16. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

17. Hope we don't get this guy now - he really is a complete whore.

18. Arsenal4life

Arsenal4life Well-Known Member

Never rated Hazard but not seen him enough to judge tbh. I want goetze even if it costs 10m more.

19. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Hazard is a flash in the pan. Goetze is world class.

20. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

I think Hazard is the better than Gotze. But to be honest I want to see us buy players who can run with the ball and not lose it.