1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Has he gone yet?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Chippy / Glory, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

its when and not if now.....

2. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

We live in hopes

3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Just for fun who would you select from our current squad for Saturday ?

No clowning around...you're the coach/manager and it's a must win game.

4. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Not in November

5. Chippy / Glory

I get he can only pick from those available. But tactically many have gone backwards.
    Just one example among plenty us Luke Ayling. He seems to have been given a roving brief and is constantly out of position and in places where he is less effective than he was. Looks to me that the players don’t believe our philosophy and that can only be down to the coach.

6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Bollox. I've been complaining on here about that trait of Aylings since we got him. Even if he does get back, it's a rarity if he manages to block a cross.

Only one person on here has consistently bummed him up with evangelical zeal, and that's ...... oh, wait a minute - you! <doh>

So not a surprise to those who go to games, just for one who's rose tinted specs have slipped off for the first time.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  7. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

BUMMED him..........no wonder the poor lad can't get back any quicker..:emoticon-0136-giggl

8. johhny757

johhny757 Well-Known Member

I don't think he is going anywhere just yet judged by the reaction he got from the owner and his 'strange' mates after the Boro win. Pretty certain they will just accept yesterday as a bad day at the office playing with 10 men against the likely Champions for this season.

Someone mentioned yesterday that Kinnear gave an interview last week (which I missed and hadn't read about) where he basically stated we have a budget for a middle table team and our ambitions are the play-offs. So based on that, we are kind of where they expected us to be. Do I like it? No! It sucks but we can't blame this new regime for 10+ years of previous failures. They should get a year or two to see if they can at least make a go of things.

FORZA LEEDS, Irishshako, davy and 3 others like this.
  9. Jammy 07

TC has made some pretty huge man management errors so far and they are now starting to hurt him.

Why on earth he dropped Lasogga against Cardiff after he was on such a high after both scoring the previous weekend and his first child being born. Lasogga was playing well and had shown his desire and commitment by refusing to miss any games even though his expectant wife was in another country. Remember at this point we had suffered only one defeat in all competitions.

Secondly, he dropped his No'1 keeper Felix after a bad game at Sheff Wed and therefore hung him out to dry. Felix's errors were more positional than anything else. In my opinion all he needed was to be coached to play 5 yards further of his line and he would have been fine. Now if you had a top keeper like Green waiting in the wings then you could justify the decision to make the change. However, Lonergan is a journeyman keeper signed as back up and was always likely to be unable to justify his selection long term. This decision shows a serious lack of foresight by TC as it was fairly inevitable it would end up like this.

As mentioned last night unless he comes up with some innovative thinking then we will surely concede another 2/3/4 goals on Saturday and he will be gone. Which will be totally deserved if he can't see that he is sending his players out without the necessary defensive stability needed to play away in the championship.

FORZA LEEDS and Farsleyexile like this.
  10. Jammy 07

My team for Saturday...
    Felix
    Beradi Shaughnessy Pennington Pontus Anita
    Klich Phillips
    Sacko Siaz Allioski

I would need a bit of time to explain the tactical nuances of the back 5 but basically when one of their strikers drops off then one of the central 3 go tight on him and the others narrow to plug any gaps. This is not a wing back system as I don't want to leave space down the sides.

Offensively we are going to use the flanks and switch play on the diagonal to keep turning their defence around and work them back towards their own goal.

My only dilemma was whether Ayling should start instead of Beradi but on balance I've decided to go for solidity. This team is selected for this specific match and on the basis that it's a match I cannot afford to lose. Vieria is suspended but Cooper and Ayling are left out due to defensive frailty.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017

11. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

chippy I know you're trying hard to be a spoof comedian-come-wum but surely it must be wearing you down

Radz is God

Whitejock likes this.
  12. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Fooking desperate if you want Felix back absolute ****e has been for years <ok>

13. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Stop....... only 5 words needed

Irishshako likes this.
  14. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Needs to find his mojo

15. Chippy / Glory

Between the two of us and given the current catastrophic results I don't think its me wumming.
    Reasons not to be cheerful.

1. Rad is presiding over a season where he promised much and is delivering a season that ended before December started. He is a PR man and so far PR has been the only thing he has been any good at, apart from taking millions of pounds out of the club.
    2.TC is completely useless. He has had the team long enough to have them playing as he wants, so we must assume they are. He is responsible for results on the pitch.
    3. The playing squad is now full of Ortas cheap foreign ****e and we are saddled with them because we gave them 4 year contracts.

16. Chippy / Glory

Hopefully he finds it in the german second tier.

17. Chippy / Glory

I totally agree.

With felix, Beradi, Anita, Shaugnessey, Klitch and alioski starting and saiz at centre forward we lose by 4 plus.
    TC sacked and 2020 pays out... everybody is happy.

The reality is this squad is **** and it doesnt matter how many times you shuffle the pack the sum total will still be a very poor team with no fight, no bottle and not much ability. TC's ineptitude just makes them worse than their component parts

18. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Its only you who is happy when we lose

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Erm ..... not quite everybody

20. Chippy / Glory

I will be happy when we are making progress and short term pain to get rid of those that will never be good enough is worth suffering. There is nothing to be happy about while we continue to be a rich mans plaything stagnating in mid table obscurity in the second tier.

We are in the gutter and that's ****.
    But we should be looking up and aspiring for much better.