1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hartlepool squad now season ticket holders

Discussion in 'Hartlepool' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Hartlepool's players can be certain not to feel the wrath of season ticket holders next season. Not all of them, anyway.

That is because all the Pools squad are now the proud owners of season tickets.

Every player bought a ticket to push the club's season ticket offer. Skipper Sam Collins led the initiative and brought the whole squad along to buy season tickets for their family and friends, despite the fact they already have free tickets for every match.

Hartlepool is aiming to sell 4,000 season tickets before the new campaign gets under way. The players have so far purchased 30 season tickets for themselves, with some promising to buy more before the new season.

Captain Collins said: "We wanted to do what we can to try and help the fans out.

"Obviously we all know about the current economic climate and we knew that the Chairman and Russ had come up with this fantastic offer so we wanted to play our part.

"All the players get an allowance of tickets but there are always certain games where you perhaps need a few more for family and friends so this was a perfect opportunity for us and I'm delighted all the lads agreed to pitch in.

"It's brilliant what the Club have done and I know Mick Wadsworth, Russ Green and the Chairman Ken Hodcroft have all bought tickets so everyone pulling together on this can only generate an even better spirit within the Club.

"I've said before that whenever I played here with Port Vale that the atmosphere was always fantastic so the more fans we can get, the more it's going to help us in the new season."