1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry Redknap?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFC_Derry, Jan 30, 2013.

1. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

I see he's in for Samba, now there is a player I would love to see in the red and white. On another point I don't get all this hype about Harry being a great manager getting the most out of ordinary players? Has he ever done this without considerable financial backing and often to the detriment of the club something which could be argued wasn't his fault!

2. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

Samba would be great

If he goes to QPR then I won't want him, even if (when!) He decides to leave. He left to Russia for money and if he moves to QPR then his motives in football are beyond doubt for me, don't need his type!

In terms of 'Arry I thought he did a good job at spurs, and he can spot talent, play a balanced team etc. But he's not what you'd call a master tactician. Would be nowhere if he couldn't spend big tho imo

3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Not sure about that - he seemingly got his tactics spot on against HMRC!!

4. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

I like this. Lol;)

5. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

Lol.

6. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

I know what you are saying but this in my opinion is the driving force for most players and you know what fair play as their career is short.

7. BalesBalls

BalesBalls Active Member

I wonder what % of population would work for company that paid them the most money

Are not the top 5 most succesful teams + liverpool the biggest spending sides

8. Hudson

Hudson Member

Apparently Samba must have a release clause in his contract. Dont know how much it is, but I definitely think it would be worthwhile smashing any transfer record we already have to get him.

9. safc1978

safc1978 Well-Known Member

I would love for us to sign Samba i hope MoN is in for him.

10. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Quality :smiley-finger007:

11. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

If you were being offered a ridiculous amount of money say 40k a week (in the grand scheme of things that is a staggering amount, even if it isn't in football...) and you knew if you worked at that company you could further your career opportunities, but you were being offered double that at a company where you knew that it couldn't really afford to pay your wages in the long-term and it's status as one of the top companies in the field was in doubt and you wouldn't really enjoy it there, where would you chose?

If a player opts to go to a top club (Such as Man United) and the wages play a large part in that (RVP?) then that is completely different as Van Persie will achieve things at Man United, Samba will not if he moves to QPR.

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Now, I LOVE Samba, but at 29 the deal would have to be right, a potentially smarter move would be for the almost identical in stature, ability and playing style Isaac Vorsah, who is currently playing for Salzburg after a bizarre summer transfer, we could get him, he is a beast of Samba proportions.

On Harry, I did rate him, now I wonder, he hasn't exactly turned QPR around, and he's thrown money at it rather than mould what was a decent squad with no direction, not the sign of a great gaffer.

Lest we forget he took Saints down, and also I note that AVB is doing better with Spurswith a marginally weaker squad (VDV was massive for them) in a more competitive league.

Samba & Crouch will be enough to see them safe, but it's hardly a rocket science managerial masterclass to see that.

13. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

Don't rate old 'arry as a good manager!What's he ever won??Couldn't even compare him with Sir Alex.'arry's just a cockney wheeler-dealer who's only about in the transfer-window,often buying the same players he bought in previous transfer-windows.He'll be lining his own pockets again and won't be paying any tax again!

14. Hudson

Hudson Member

Just dont say that to Harry or he'll storm off in a flurry of swear words.

15. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I don't think Harry is a great or bad manager I just think he does the simple things well. He often signs players he knows will do alright for him and plays tried and tested formations/tactics. Its like he does what the everyman in the street would do if they were in charge and he's allowed to because he gets good financial backing, he seems to manage like i do on Football Manager!

Fair play to him as he's generally done a good job (and his teams play decent football which is a novelty for English managers) but I wouldn't really want him at Newcastle as I'd be concerned he'd bust the club like he has with others.