1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry Arter joins on loan

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Surlyc, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Michael Brown in the way he plays. Personally don't like the type of player Arter is, never have, goes out to injure players with what he thinks is a hard tackle, but is it just going over the top. He got away with some nasty challenges last season.

4. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Looking at his stats he gets booked about 1 in 3 games, only sending was in 16/17 season since 14/15, so not so bad or lucky. We have needed someone like him for years, street wise and determined. He will make a difference and a step up from what we have.

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Will be a good signing for you boys. Big engine on him and gets stuck in.

We were never going to stump up the £40k a week he was on with us last year, but would have happily taken him back.

6. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I know not all Fulham fans are delighted but I am, not only do I think he is a decent player he brings what I believe we miss most and that is guts thunder 120% effort every game and a must win attitude.... bearing in mind that is his normal style he now plays for a family member who’s head is on the line, I honestly believe he would run through brick walls for the cause!

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

What annoys me also about the Arter transfer is that it has been on going since the transfer window opened, so he's obviously been waiting for a better offer from another Premier? club, but now we are going to have the usual 'he's not match fit' for the next six weeks.

So far Tony Khan hasn't bought any player yet, all have been loans in, so that might mean if we were waiting on a Sessegnon sale, if he then has cash, we again will be going out after last minute (panic?) buys, with the same problem of bedding them in, like we have done for so many seasons. When will we learn ?

8. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Will be a good signing for you.<ok>
    He'll help with your defensive frailties of last year.

9. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

He has had a full pre season with Bournemouth even playing a few of there friendlies I don’t think fitness will be an issue.