1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Handy Parking - Pride Park - 21/8/18

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by knabby crackers, Aug 12, 2018.

1. knabby crackers

knabby crackers Active Member

I hope this may be helpful to any Ipswich fans travelling by road to Derby for the game on Tuesday 21st August, parking is available for away fans on 2 sites [100 and 400 yards from the stadium] at £6 per car/van [sorry no coaches].

Assuming most will eventually use the M1 I would advise that you exit at JCT24A and take the A50 to the A6 and use that approach towards Derby as for the foreseeable future there will be roadworks and lane reductions on the A52 around Pride Park, these are causing considerable delays and inconvenience.

On the A6 travel through to the Ring Road [A5111]/Blue Peter island and go straight across in the left hand lane, carry on in the left hand lane through the next island into London Road, continue to the next island which is signed PRIDE PARK>>>, turn right at this island and go to the next island and turn right and follow the road past the front of the stadium.

At the next island go across in the left hand lane into RIVERSIDE ROAD, the FRENGER SYSTEMS car park is about 60 yards on the right hand side, this is handier for the elderly and less able fans.

For those who may want to eat/drink before the game, continue along Riverside Road and use the PRIDE VETERINARY CENTRE car park which is the last unit on the left hand side, this is handier for the away friendly hostelries [ask the attendant for details]. After the game I would advise you turn left on exiting the car park and go left and left again to take you back to the island near the stadium, turn right here to get back onto London Road.

I hope this helps, have a safe journey.<ok>

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Excellent advice, thanks for sharing. I’m not going to the match, but know somebody who is so will pass this information on.