1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Handy Parking - Pride Park - 1/12/18

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by knabby crackers, Nov 16, 2018.

1. knabby crackers

knabby crackers Active Member

I hope this may be helpful to any Swansea fans travelling to Derby by road for the fixture on 1st December, parking is available for away supporters on 2 sites [100 and 400 yards from the stadium] at £6 per car/van [sorry no coaches].

Assuming most will travel via the M5, my advised route would be M5/M42/A42/A6, at present and probably through to late 2019 there are roadworks/lane closures/speed traps on the A52 in the vicinity of Pride Park, these are causing severe delays and I would definitely avoid this approach.

So, leave the A42 at the A6 exit and head towards Derby, it is well signposted, at the Derby Ring Road [A5111] island go straight across in the left hand lane, it is a short distance to the next island, go across in the left hand lane into London Road. Continue along London Road to the next island which is signed PRIDE PARK >>>, turn right here and go through the set of lights to the next island [Merlin pub], turn right here and go along the front of the stadium to the next island, go straight across into RIVERSIDE ROAD.

The FRENGER SYSTEMS car park is the very first unit and about 60 yards on the right, this is handier for the elderly and less able fans. for those who may wish to eat/drink before the game continue along Riverside Road to the last unit on the left hand side, the PRIDE VETERINARY CENTRE car park is handier for the away friendly hostelries [ask an attendant for details]. When leaving this carpark after the match I would advise that you turn left to avoid delays and congestion, turn left at the first island and go straight across the next, at the Merlin pub island turn right and go through the lights and back onto London Road.

I hope this helps, have a safe journey. <ok>

2. knabby crackers

knabby crackers Active Member

Re: Game at Pride Park on 10th August 2019.
    The access and exit slip roads on the A52 are closed for the foreseeable future so that the best approach and departure routes are as per my 2018/19 season post.
    M5/M42/A42/A6/London Road

Parking is once again available at the FRENGERS SYSTEMS and PRIDE VETERINARY CENTRE car parks at the same price as last season [£6 per car/van - sorry no coaches].

Have a safe journey folks.

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Have you erected a statue to Paul Jewel yet?.............................<laugh>