1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hands up if you hate Spurs

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by suarez14, Aug 28, 2013.

1. suarez14

suarez14 Member

They are building a strong squad and I hate them ✋

2. Don't hate anyone. I don't actually dislike Spurs, I just don't like their fans <laugh>

I appreciate how Tottenham have built over the years, much rather they do well than Man city or Chelsea, obviously Man Utd too. I admire Arsenal for the same reason. However, I don't want either of the North London sides to do well because it would be at our expenses <laugh>

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

How?! They are going to be competing for a CL slot!

4. So you clearly knew what I meant, way to wum <doh>

5. Radio Klopp

Radio Klopp Armed & Dangerous

6. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You said on the Manc board the other day you don't like to come on here cause 'you can't stand Liverpool' .. So why are you here now? <confused>

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Ahhh I see, you are under the impression that Liverpool will be challenging for a CL spot.....
    I understand now.....

Yeah I was WUMMING. lol I dont do it too often :)

Dont see you getting in this year tho to be honest.
    Even if Arsenal's predicted epic fail occurs (and im not 100% convinced it will), you still have to oust one of Chelsea, United, City and Spurs.....Possible, but just dont see it this season.
    Definately think the dip....I mean Liverpool, have improved this year tho, some good signings, and I like Rodgers philosophy.

8. Neither do I, nor did I say we would, I've actually predicted us to finish sixth. However, if the two North London clubs have a good season, we will obviously have no chance at all, hence me saying I don't want either to have a good season.

9. MaturdayNight

MaturdayNight Active Member

I don't hate Spurs, I'm just frustrated that their vastly improved squad is basically a result of Real Madrid losing their **** over Bale. If we could swap places and trade Suarez for the players they've signed while Spurs keep Bale I'd do it in a heartbeat.

10. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

That's the thing that's annoyed me. If Madrid had paid £40mil would be a normal price for him and probably what he's worth, then wouldn't mind as they'd replace him with 1 or 2 players, but the fact they've basically allowed Spurs to build a new team is frustrating.

11. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Tut tut, there is never jealousy where there is not strong regard.

We have the best chairman around and strengthen year on year whilst practically breaking even, we should be the least hated of the top clubs as we are run in the right way and not bankrolled by a sugar daddy.

Unlike Spurs with Bale, Liverpool have missed a trick by not selling Sewerez, you could have used the £40m + and replaced him with 2 or 3 top players. And you also would have the added bonus of not having the most despicable footballer of all time and biggest cheat no longer dragging the name of your club through the mud.

12. MaturdayNight

MaturdayNight Active Member

See above.

Also worth noting we didn't receive a crazy offer from abroad. I suspect you'd be less enthusiastic if your best asset was being sold to Arsenal for £40M instead of heading to Madrid for £80M+

13. Post #2 <whistle>

14. SJD

SJD Well-Known Member

Fair play to Spurs I say. They have spent well showing great ambition, and if AVB can get them playing as a team they will not be far away from the top this year.

15. Gerrinho

Gerrinho Member

Way to make a point retaliating to name calling, can tell schools out...Jeez!

16. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

I don't mind the yids, much better than the gooners, all navel gazing and thinking they are the most informed fans on the planet.

I just have to roll my eyes on how RM think Bale is worth twice what Suarez is worth. Not sure if they ever made an offer, but there was talk of them only offering £25M, yet they were willing to break records for monkey boy.

Be interesting to see what the yids can do this season, with so many new players. Trying to fit them all in at once, could cause them more pain, than the "on-paper" quality they appear to be. If they get top 4, it means that AVB is more than an 80's haircut.

17. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Let's face it there's a great difference between the clubs that we oppose and the type of supporters of those clubs who are attracted to our board. I have to say that I find the vast majority of the visitors objectional. Strange that the best visitors seem to come from clubs like Stoke and Norwich.

Do I hate Spurs as a club? Simple answer is no. They have tried and continue to try to build their club and you would expect them to do so. They have bought a lot of talent in this window. Throughout this season we will see if they can actually build a cohesive team from the talent that they have got. The jury is still out and will be until the end of the season.

The only side that I hate is United. Strangely, I know quite a few lifelong United supporters and I count them as friends but there always has been something about their club that I cannot stomach and that has been since the 1950's so it's not a case of envy in any way.

18. Dangerously Delicious

Dangerously Delicious Active Member

'For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.' Luke 6:45

19. redconn

redconn Active Member

I don't mind Spurs at all

Their supporters have turned into big tw@ts however

20. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I don't pay attention to what a bunch of rival fans say on a forum. A few of them are alright on here.

Spurs have done incredibly well. I'd rather blame ourselves for our fall from grace. We kicked ourselves out of the top 4 at the wrong time, just as City became a force. Spurs however have finished up there since, displacing City and Chelsea. Although they were unlucky when the former won the ****ing CL. I wish them all the best if we continue to fail. I hope to hell we can challenge them, but at the moment they are getting a lot stronger and have good depth. I don't think we are much better, the only saving grace for us is that we played well for the 2nd half of last season.