1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Haangeland on the Pog

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by toshchamberlainsmate, Mar 6, 2012.

1. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

• Hangeland believes the Russia international shares some similar characteristics with the former Fulham favourite and predicts his partnership with Andrew Johnson will go from strength to strength.

"They have a few similar traits but he does run around a bit more," the centre-back said.

"He looks really fit and he looks as if he's adapted to the style of play here in record time, so all credit to him.

"[Pogrebnyak and Johnson] do look a strong partnership.

....from SSN.

........a LOT more I would say. Oh......I forgot to metion he scores more too - let's hope it continues:emoticon-0103-cool:

2. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

we better bloody sign him up before a bigger club comes in

3. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

he runs a bit more is an understatement! LOL

The more I think about it the more I really can't believe how arrogant BZ was when he scored and cupped his ear to hear the applause etc. Fast forward a year or so and we have the POG who dives face first in to the crowd and totally endears himself to the Fulham faithful, emerses himself in the club and in doing so becomes totally Fulhamish, along Big Mart too. IMO

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

BZ is a player who is both very sensitive and liable to complacency. He is a much better player when he feels he has something to prove and, as such, he tried harder when he felt slighted by a very small minority of fans. He consequently had great success for us: however, when he felt he had won the fans over he stopped trying and complacency set in leading to the perceived slight again... it's a vicious cycle.

In short, I'd rather have someone who tries hard and can become a cult figure to the fans (Baird, JP, Pog) rather than someone who may be more talented but seems to prefer an adversarial relationship with the fans. And to be honest, I'm not even sure BZ is more talented than the Pog.

5. toshchamberlainsmate

(Baird, JP, Pog) - and Volzy !

I was actually a fan of Bobby's, but I think the Pog (from first impressions at least) is not only more energetic, but also more skillful.

He definitely has a mutch better attitude - let's hope he stays - could become a local hero.

6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Volzy was definitely one of my favourite players. He helped fill the void when Hayles left... it was a difficult time for me... ;)

7. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

8. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Jol is spot on. He doesn't speak much English but already has an understanding of where AJ and his team mate are? I'm loving this guy the more I think about how well he's done so far.

9. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Surlyc and Tosh, he's still out there - not only having just published his book but scoring the winner for St Pauli last night -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKzB0ekEecg

Top guy.

10. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Nice to see Volzy still playing and scoring - Thanks C58. He remains an all-time favourite!

11. toshchamberlainsmate

Yes and ST Pauli are a perfect club for him. Does anyone remember Alexi Sayle's radio programme "Lennin of the Rovers" about the Communist Collective football team - that's Sankt Pauli.