1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gutted for him.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Rorschach, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Danny Ings not getting a game. I wonder if its getting him down?

please log in to view this image

I guess not <laugh>

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/241655-liverpool-confirm-danny-ings-requires-knee-surgery

Liverpool Football Club can confirm Danny Ings requires surgery on an impact injury sustained to his right knee during the EFL Cup fourth-round tie with Tottenham Hotspur last week.
    The problem was picked up when attempting to make a challenge in the closing stages of the game at Anfield - and Jürgen Klopp has explained to supporters it’s likely to mean the Reds are without the striker’s services for a period of between seven and nine months following the operation.

The procedure, which will be performed today in London, will correct the damage sustained from the challenge to the cartilage in his right knee. It is not in the same knee in which the 24-year-old suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in October 2015.

Klopp said: "To say we are gutted would be an understatement; he is such a great boy and has worked so hard that he deserves better luck than this.

"It is typical of Danny's personality, on and off the pitch, that he picked up this injury to his knee when courageously trying to win the ball back for his team by making a tackle.

"But it is this same personality that means he will come back as good and as strong from this latest setback as he has done in the past.

"I'm told the likely lay off is anywhere from between seven to nine months. He is mentally strong, physically strong and will have the very best treatment and rehab possible to make sure when he returns he is ready to play for us at the level we know he is capable of."

3. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

<peacedove> What a ****ing shame. hope you have a speedy recovery Danny. <ok> <peacedove>

4. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

7-9 months... Christ, career ending, perhaps. Still young too.

5. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

Truth is with Sturridge and Origi on the bench and Firmino upfront, he was never really considered and Klopp hinted he should go out on loan. He just hasn't worked out through no fault of his own and I expect him to be sold although it is a shame.

6. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Poor guy. No luck whatsoever. Hope he recovers well.

Have a feeling he might go out on loan when fit again and then move on

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Injury to any player old or young is not a good news. I hope he comes back stronger<applause>

8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

It's a pisser, alright. Good lad with a great attitude. I hope he still has a career, but as already stated, I doubt it'll be with us. Speedy recovery, lad <ok>

9. astro

astro Well-Known Member

10. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Difficult to find another 4th choice striker with such a dedicated attitude though

You know exactly what job Ings will do for you, now we need to replace him in our LC campaign which puts a bit more stress on the squad

11. moreinjuredthanowen

I'd not go that far. relative to a prem league player yeah no luck but he secured a move to us on the cheap and prob is sitting on a great contract so...

12. moreinjuredthanowen

not really.

he's not contributed yet.

LFC play leeds so we are covered there and then in January we hopefully play a 2 legged SF where the firsts would be playing anyway.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

Its cartilage by the sounds of it so... that IMO is quite a dodgy knee, even more so than cruciate

I agree, he was hanging by a thread of hope that it was building fitness that had him not in 18 on match days now he will be bypassed cos thats the way it has to be.

14. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Unbelievable bad luck really.............hope for a full recovery

15. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Hopefully not career ending. Doubt we'd sell him in the summer after this. Send him on loan next year, then sell Jan or summer after. He would be useful at a football team like Swansea or Stoke. <ok>

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.
  16. FedLadSonOfAnfield

He's done ... for us definitely, and at the top prem level maybe

Honestly, he seems like a good guy, a hard worker and we haven't really seen what he's got or could have in our side plus Klopp seems very disappointed but he's a master of saying the best things for the situation. But he's a middling quality Prem player at best, a typical Rodgers signing (as much as there is such a thing) who ultimately will fall short. And under Klopp it looks like his body isn't cut out for the style given that he's been injured immediately both times he's been brought into the fold

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  17. moreinjuredthanowen

who else did this type of thing?

one knee then the other?

I think there must be a few examples?

Niall quinn.
    Julian dicks
    Alan shearer?
    Paul gascoigne?
    was robbie fowler and ankle and knee?

Owen did one knee.

Van nistlerooy did his before moving to utd

some were very lsowed down, some barely missed a beat. I think a lot of it boils down to attitude to recovery and also to the times that they happened.

18. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Dont think anyone saw him as a first 11 player but as Astro said, find me a better 3rd or 4th choice striker in the league in terms of quality and attitude. Not many around. I saw him more of our new Kuyt. Real hard worker, do a job anywhere you put him and will hop in with a few goals throughout the season.

Its a shame he didn't get a goal in that Spurs game, by times he back he'd have been with us nearly 3 years and never scored a goal!

19. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Origi Sturridge Firmino

3 players who are all better than Ings. We don't need a 4th choice striker IMO.

This news doesn't impact us whatsoever, but it's such awful luck for the lad. Hope he recovers well and finds a move elsewhere.

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.
  20. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Yeh he was never intended to be the leading man and you can add Firmino to that list - not a true striker really but he scores - Ings' 2 in 6 PL games was Ok and he's a decent option and yeh without injuries and a run he might've improved that, but he's the sort of player who if he leaves the club won't be missed other than in a very pragmatic sense of needing bodies in the squad and on the bench over the course of a season, nobody will remember he even played for the club a month after we sell him, like seeing Martin Kelly playing for Palace that's the first time you've thought of him since you were screaming at him 2 years ago for not covering one of the opposition FWs down our flank or not getting forward fast enough