1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

gulls v shrews thread

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by atcham jack, May 8, 2011.

1. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

pardon the expression but the gulls crept into the crypt crapped and crept out again. they are in the playoffs by the skin of their teeth thanks to gills losing their game. gulls drew 1-1 at shrews and thumped us 5-0 at plainmoor when we played most of the game with 10 men, still a gutless performance.
    gulls last 5 games have been uninspiring.losing at millers 3-1drawing 0-0 at home to spires 0-0 home to wobblers 0-0 home to vale and winning 3-0 away to bantams to put that in context crewe won there yesterday 5-1.
    league
    p46 w17 d18 L11 f74 a23 gd21 p68 pos 7th
    shrews
    p46 w22 d13 L11 f72 a49 gd23 p79 pos 4th

torquay are trading on previous wins and are not the team they were. thanks to shrews they have jake robinson up front and scot bevan in goal, ex shrews. also up front zebrowski.
    in short i expect town to marmalise them away on saturday 3-1 and the following friday to win 2-0 at home. oh gulls where is thy sting!

come on you shrews, fs aab, breathe on em salop and play with passion and pride the reward? a sip out of rolands decanter! no a chance to beat stanley and sort that league 1 out good luck, go to it shrews for uncle grahams sake and ours

2. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

anyone interested in gulls v shrews, if so ye should now declare it or forever hold your peace. where the f is everyome. this is an important game. can shrews beat the gulls let alone ackers. floreat salopia

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We have to win this at both venues, no argument

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

can i give you a bit of advice...........................................drop harrold if you want an away goal<laugh><laugh><laugh>

5. WhatShrew

WhatShrew Member

Somehow think Torquay will be more up for this than Town. So often in the past the team that finishes just outside the automatics fails in playoffs.

6. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

Naughty Rocky, he was an outstanding 2nd half sub on Saturday - two great assists (maybe even all 3?)

WhatShrew - know what you mean. I'm just hoping the positive momentum we're taking into the play offs will stand us in good stead.

I've a nagging feeling Stevenage might get past Stanley if they can get a decent home result. It won't be pretty if they do.

7. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

IMO Accy will sneak to Wembley where Jimmy Ryan will score an 89th minute belter against us:emoticon-0149-no:

8. Chaos

Chaos New Member

Wembley??? The final is at Old Trafford.

9. Matster

Forum Moderator

Shh... we're trying to fool the opposition that it's at Wembley.

10. loyalgull

loyalgull Member

come on then tell us the truth then wemberley or old trafford i need to know lol

11. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Atcham,
    We are coming into this game in very good shape - with few injury worries and on a good run of form. We have good impact players on the bench and our young players are still full of running. Historically we have not done well at Plainmoor but I predict a tight match there (0-0 or 1-1) followed by a nerve-jangling single-goal victory at the Meadow. Thank god the final is not at Wembley - our superior passing game should see us able to prevail at Old Trafford on that big and true surface. We will have to work hard for justice this season after the scandalous phantom goal but we go into the play-offs with a better manager, with a stronger overall squad and in better form than the previous two times. THIS IS OUR TIME! Floreat salopia!

12. Matster

Forum Moderator

Blimey two new members; hello to Chaos and Greenhousmeadowman {waves}. Where have you two arrived from, or just different names on 606?

13. Rocky blue army

be careful mate they may be wycombe spies<laugh><laugh><laugh>

14. Matster

Forum Moderator

our patented Shrewsbury Forum Prose Checker filters out the phlegmatic typing of homecounty southeasterners.

15. Rocky blue army

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. Matster

Forum Moderator

Saying that, my gran and some relatives live in Croxley Green, Rickmansworth.

17. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

He's got a point- if Turner can't guide a team through the play offs with all his experience and know-how then i dont know who can<ok>

18. Rocky blue army

they are close enough to me do you want me to drop a couple of wycombe shirts through their letterbox

19. Matster

Forum Moderator

Some of them wear yellow, red and black footy shirts, although have supported the Shrews when needed at Wembley!

20. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Speaking of Wemberley, will you guys be going to the 'Theatre of dreams' if we get there?