1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guendouzi Golden Boy

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Oct 15, 2019.

1. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Guendouzi has been nominated for the Golden Boy award. One of the top talents in world football and in my opinion are top central midfielder.

What I'm worried about is that his contract is up in 2022, 2.5 years away we need to extend him by Xmas at the latest as I can see Real,Barca, Juve and PSG sniffing.

I don't want another player running down his contract

gooner4ever likes this.
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Future Arsenal captain right there.

Sign him up long term. He's quickly becoming the heart of our MF

gooner4ever likes this.
  3. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

imo he is better already at leading then Xhaka, but defo want him to be next captain, and yes extend contract or give new one, as the moment he becomes a French regular his popularity/value will skyrocket

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I love he fact that he’s got a bit of needle about him too, not afraid to get stuck in and isn’t intimidated by oppo players.

Did you see him giving John Terry the ‘I’m in your head’ gesture against Villa ? <laugh> brilliant that he understands that Arsenal core mentality.

NLDISRED and gooner4ever like this.
  5. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

It's what I like about him the most he is an ass hole but he's our ass hole

6. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Exactly this i don't know what he is like off the pitch but on the pitch he is definitely the leader. Leading by example

7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Guendouzi is our best midfielder period.

gooner4ever likes this.
  8. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

The dogs will turn on him soon.

9. TheBear

Give me a break. Do you even go to games?!

He's probably the most popular player at the Club. The Xhaka/Ozil/Mustafi critiscm is not totally random. There's reason behind it.
    The fans demand to see commitment and the right attitude.

Don't get me wrong it goes too far sometimes - but if a player consistently underperforms that's what will happen at a club like Arsenal. It's no different at Man United/Real Madrid or Bayern.

10. ToledoTrumpton

Coquelin was the most popular player at one point, so was Sanchez, so was Ozil, so was Eboue. It makes no difference.

11. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

class player who should be signed long term

NLDISRED and PINKIE like this.
  12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Coquelin was never the most popular player. At one point he played one great game away at City and that bought him so time in our team and some love from fans before he reverted to mediocre again.

Sanchez was loved until he decided to jump ship and hawk himself to City. Are you suggesting he was hounded out or something?

Ozil was also never the most popular. Most can appreciate that he is sporadically great and sporadically ineffectual though.

And Eboue was also never the most popular. And for a good period time he was horrendous and was castigated for that.

So not really sure what point you're trying to make.

Also...still waiting for your stats backing up that we're (statistically) significantly more likely to win a game with Xhaka than without.

Maybe P/W/D/L with and without Xhaka starting in league games since he joined?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    gooner4ever likes this.
  13. TheBear

None of those were ever our most popular player with the Arsenal fans.

14. ToledoTrumpton

I have waded through statistics enough to prove you guys are full of ****. I'm not going to do it again. I did it last year when the hate against Xhaka started, and I am not going to repeat the exercise.

Even when I prove statistics to you and waste my time doing it, you just stay statistics don't matter.

I don't really give a **** what you think. As long as you guys keep running first team players, and our managers, out of the club, Arsenal are going nowhere. Hopefully you lot will get tired of it and leave. You are pure poison. Do you lot even realize how many players it is now? Can you count past 20? No club can sustain that kind of attrition.

Even if I concede Ghendouzi is safe, and I don't. Is he the only one? Did you get all riled up, because I picked one of the few players you don't want to run out of the club? Why are you so certain he will not be persecuted. Do you all promise to never to criticize him, for ever? How about Sokratis? He was pretty popular until Mustafi left, I don't see him picking up too may compliments lately, since his few obvious mistakes.

Is he the next target?

15. TheBear

What are you actually trying to argue here? That fans arbitrarily just pick players to hate?

...How do you explain.. Thomas Rosicky, Santi Carzorla, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires, Steven Bould, Tony Adams, Freddie Ljungberg... etc.. did fans just arbitrarily decide to love these guys?.. or does it have something to do with the way they played the game.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

So, to clarify, you want us to just accept your claim that we're statistically better with Xhaka in the team, that you've seen the stats yourself, but you don't want to share those stats with us?

And WE'RE the ones fill of ****?

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Here's some stats:

Prem results without Xhaka starting:
    16/17 W3 D2 L3
    17/18 - W1 D0 L0
    18/19 - W5 D1 L3
    19/20 - W1 D0 L0

TOTAL without Xhaka W10 D3 L6. 33pts from 19 games. 1.74pts per game.

TOTAL with Xhaka W57 D20 L28. 191pts from 105 games. 1.82pts per game.

Need to do a t-test to find out if that difference is significant or not. Although also interesting that after his first season we've been 2.00pts per game without him. Again, chance of that being a significant difference is slim.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  18. ToledoTrumpton

The point I was making was that IF Xhaka was so, so, terrible, AND the OBVIOUS reason why we are doing badly, why is there not even the slightest reflection of that on our results?

But of course the brain-damaged support don't reach the only obvious conclusion, which is that they have **** for brains, and don't know what the **** they are talking about.

I also notice that Sokratis' star has fallen. I see he lost another header in front of goal against Wolves. A header I must say that if Mustafi had lost, there would have been mass wailing from the supporters in the **** pit.

19. TheBear

He's not soo terrible. He's actually a decent player but he has not found a role in the side that suits him IMO.

He can't tackle & he knows it. In fact will often just let players run past him. Soo playing him as the deepest position is extremely risky as he offers the CB's no support.

20. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

There are several players not good enough for Arsenal. It's hard to observe those at the moment because the whole team is a shocker and even those who are good enough statistically look terrible. Auba is clearly good enough and top quality even though he's only scored one goal in a long while. Xhaka is clearly not good enough. We don't necessarily play worse or do worse with him in the team but that's because we are totally **** with or without him. But it's not hard to watch Xhaka and realise that a player who has no pace, can't tackle, has an average ability at passing, rarely assists, rarely scores and frequently loses possession and gives away fouls is not very good at football.

gooner4ever likes this.