1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Greatest sporting moments

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

After watching Ben Stokes herorics yesterday and Stokes also do similar heroics a few weeks before in the world cup final

Question is what is your greatest sporting memory that doesnt involve anything from Leicester

I would put yesterday top of the list for me. Had everything, such a buzz watching that and glad I picked watching the cricket over football

Ben Stokes 4’s and 6’s
    Marcus Harris dropped catch
    Tim Paine ridiculous lbw review
    Nathan Lyon fumbling running out Leach
    Shocking decision from the umpire

Amazing

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

It really was incredible wasn’t it. Only thing holding it back from one of the greatest for me is the fact that - as a stand alone win - it doesn’t really mean anything. Guess if we win the ashes then it will be up there but my word what a match it was. The World Cup final v New Zealand was out of this world too.

That Johnny Wilkinson drop goal to win the World Cup in 2003 still gives me the shivers every time I see it.

I was also at ‘that’ Leicester tigers match v Cardiff when it went to penalty kicks - never seen before or since and that stands out too.

3. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

I am old enough to remember watching the world cup final in 66. To see Nobby Styles dancing around without his teeth in was a bit scary but they think its all over …… has special memories for old uns like me.

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

World Cup cricket semi final, NZ vs South Africa. South Africa massive favorites but NZ hung in there and needed a 6 off the final ball to win which Grant Elliott did. Should mention he was born in S.A. The worst, the underarm Aus vs NZ.

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Apart from Forest winning the European Cup in 1979 and Derby winning the league in 1975, for me it was 2012 when Team GB won 3 successive gold medals Jessica Ennis, Greg Rutherford and then climaxed with Mo Farah winning gold in the 10,000m.

6. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

From a Leicester POV, Austin Healey´s try against Munster and Neil Back´s wonderful deceit of hand in the scrum.

7. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

The 1978 World Cup in Argentina.
    So distant - so exotic - ticker tape, crackly commentary - when I realised that football was god's own sport
    wrong team won mind you - cheating Argie bastards <laugh>

8. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Tuning into an epic Wimbledon final this year and then rushing to change the channel to watch the super over in the Cricket World Cup Final was a hell of a day for sport in general. I don't even like cricket!

9. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Playing for my local Sunday league cricket side in the early 90's, I once smashed their fast bowler for 6 over mid-wicket. Tried the same shot the next ball and top edged it in to my face and broke my cheekbone in 3 places. It meant I missed the famous Tony James winner to save us from relegation.

Does that count?!

BigFox, Proud Fox and nzfoxfan like this.