1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Great news for Chelsea !!!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 25, 2023.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Tod Boehly has told a conference in LA that he will be " stepping back " and reducing his input to CFC from 50% of his time to 20% !!
    Thank Christ he was only ever at 50%, that wasted half a Billion and nearly destroyed our football Club.
    At 20% we can expect to improve considerably on the pitch and save 300 million odd to boot.
    Best news since the takeover.

BobbyD likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Shame its not 0%, but hey ho.
    Thats what happens when you gut the club from top to bottom and bring in someone who hasn't the first clue what "soccer" is, let alone worked in it.
    I blame Boris Johnson and the ****ing Tories. If they hadnt gone after Roman, this wouldnt be happening.

3. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

100% This. Keeping the so called Oligarc's on our side would have been a better weapon for Ukraine against Putin, than any amount of military hardware.

BobbyD, Bodinki and Diego like this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

I think we should give Tod Boehly to Putin to organise the Russian Army. The war would be over in 25 minutes, but would cost at least half a billion.
    Tod could use Fofana to tighten the Russian defences, Sterling to lead the attack and Mudryk as the spearhead of a Blitzkrieg. Problem would be finding someone to hit any targets.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Game over man, game over.

Bodinki likes this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Second half against Newcastle showed some promise at last. Is anyone wondering why Pochettino still hasn't signed ?? Maybe he's getting cold feet as he works out the size of the problem, maybe he's waiting to see how quickly Boehly starts the clear out, and who goes and stays. Or maybe his pen is simply out of ink.
    Going to be an interesting few weeks as the dust settles on a horrible season, before being swept away for next.
    Hope we sign Jaoa Felix,he looks a cut above the rest. Lewis Hall has made a very strong case for himself as has Madueke, Chalobah in my opinion, Mudryk less so, but the basis is there, and Chuckwemenke a late starter. Fofana is taking time, but has the talent.
    Most disappointing for me is Pulisic, Sterling, Ziyech, Mount and Havertz. Dave is at the end of his great career and RLC will be better off in Italy now. Gallagher is a weird one, so much good work but so little reward. Finally Silva, what a player , what a professional, will be a big loss if he leaves.
    Anyway, lets hope we soon get a Manager and get the whips cracking again.

Diego likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You have the makings of a very threatening team.
    Of the players you have mentioned Felix is a cut above and Mudryk will be a star once you gel as a team. Silva as you say is pure class but there are quite a few who need upgrades.
    Mount has fallen off a cliff believing his own hype and I really hope our reported interest in him is just journo talk.
    If the owner allows the manager to spend his money this summer instead of spending it himself then you will be not far off next season.

8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Most papers saying he has signed and starts on June 1st.

9. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Mount is an interesting one. Would he get into our strongest XI when everyone is fit? I’d say probably not if Nkunku is what we expect. Wouldn’t be opposed to us selling him for 50+M but it’s him or Gallagher, not both imo.

I do like Mount but with essentially one game a week next season I wonder how much football he’d play unless we got injuries and if he’s one we could get a big fee I say go for it.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Officially signed and announced as starting July 1st, though He must be involved in the backroom decisions before then about who stays and who goes.

remembercolinlee likes this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

I think Mount will be a great buy for the team that suits his playing style. He had injuries this year and was out of sorts because his pay was significantly below what Reece James and even CHO were paid. That was a terrible way by Boehly to negotiate his hard line and so things never got sorted by adults. Boehly was throwing money at anyone and everyone but couldn't find a proper salary for our player of the year for the previous 2 seasons. It looks too late now for Pochettino to influence Mount to stay at his desired salary level, so I think he's now lost to Chelsea.

Diego likes this.
  12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Unfortunately I agree about Mount.
    I don't think he has progressed into the player he had the potential to become and at least part of that is likely due to the shenanigans that have been going on at our club, all sorts of managers coming in and out, formation changes, and a bloated squad.
    He has not been in a settled team and he has had multiple injuries. Like some of you have said, I think in the right team, thats settled, if he can stay injury free, he could be a very good player, but he isnt what we need at the moment and given the amount of money we have spent on players that we need to come good, its a case of bringing in funds, and he is a player we can get £50m+ for so he will likely have to go.
    We need to flog around 12 players. I dont expect them all to go in one hit but we have so much expensive dead wood that we just need rid of.
    If we play it right, we can get the few players we need with minimal spend and recoup most if not all of it back by selling players we no longer need.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  13. Bullet tooth Tony

Seems like Poch has not taken up the option on Felix even if he had a say in it I think it's a shame. The guy showed a bit of class in what was a car crash of a team.

Gareth1808 and Diego like this.
  14. Bullet tooth Tony

And to further my belief in Lampards ineptitude, he never started him in the majority of the games he was in charge.

15. Gareth1808

I do agree but I think he lacked end product for what he’d cost and we’ve got other priorities IMO. Nkunku behind a striker with Mount/Gallagher next inline I guess. Felix was excellent to watch though!

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Best attacking player we had all year in my eyes. Just the sort of class we don't have , makes Sterling and the rest look 2nd rate in skill and technique. Pity we won't see him in a decent Chelsea team.

Diego likes this.
  17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think we baulked at the price, and if the rumours are true, and Atletico wanted £75m for him, then I can see why.
    He has been the best attacking player for us this season, and it would have been interesting to see what he could have done in a decent Chelsea team, but with the amount of expensive flops we have signed lately, I dont think we could take the risk, especially when we have so many players to offload.
    We need an out and out striker, and Felix, for all this talent, isnt that. If he had set the team on fire and grabbed 10 goals or more during his loan stint, then it may have been a different story. He wasnt terrible, but he wasnt amazing either, not that the bar was set very high in our squad this season anyway.

We have to sort out the Lukaku and Mount situations chiefly, are they staying or going, and I think Felix was just another costly risk that we dont need on our plate at the moment.....wrong time for us.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Looks like RLC and Mount are on their way out to AC Milan and Man United respectively.
    Both have agreed terms.
    Both transfers are pending agreement on the transfer fee and medicals.
    RLC might go for as little as £15m!
    If we dont get at least £40m for Mount i'll be annoyed, especially as he is English and is being sold to a league rival.

Gotta say though, am glad things are moving fast. We need a clear out and it looks like at least 2 players will be gone this weekend.
    Just need Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic, Kante, Aubamayang, Kepa and Kovacic to go now

19. Gareth1808

All I’ve read online is about how much we’ll struggle to sell players because of how poor of a season we’ve had. Transfer window not even open yet and RLC, Mount & Kovacic are fetching us 100M if reports are accurate.

20. Bullet tooth Tony

Sell Sterling to Banbury United for 60 quid jobs a guddun.