1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Great article, death by Ashley

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Lord Jonjomort, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

2. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Good article.

No doubt Ashley’s son and the Mikey Fanboys will claim it’s all conjecture but I have yet to understand how we have gone up in value never mind to the tune Mikey’s wanting.

No-one will convince me he was looking at a reduced price last season on the supposed basis that Ashley took into account the possibility of relegation. He simply doesn’t work that way. And if no reduced price at the time what has happened to increase our value?

Plain and simple he doesn’t want to sell, he’s just pretending for reasons no-one knows, except to any mug who will pay his asking price which isn’t just over the odds but is way over the odds.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  4. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Lol!

Just a re-hash of what every person knows anyway!

5. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

.......................... that Ashley is a twat!!

Flash likes this.
  6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Bored of hearing about Stalvey now, she could have bought it last year cheaper but wanted to insert 101 clauses into the purchase which wasn't acceptable to the fat man.

The £350m last year and the increased £400m this year IS an over the top asking price but that is what Ashley wants and unless you are willing to stump the cash don't waste peoples time and raise hopes - apparently offered £70m less up front, around 20% - go ask a car dealership to buy a £20,000 car for £16,000 and watch them laugh you out the building and watch them laugh even harder when you start talking about inserting clauses. For a team who finished 10th in the country as opposed to 21st last year, and as people are saying to a owner who obviously doesn't wan't to sell - the increase in asking price DOES makes sense - how can you not see that?

Let's be real here for a second instead of reading to much into the Chronicles version - Ashley has put well over £100m in loans in to the club himself so he really values the club at "X" PLUS these loans - unless he leads us to League One in the next two years he will want this money back - would you write off £100+million? Yeah I get that was mainly due to his not doing due diligence but he could have taken money back out of the club instead of handing McClown near £100m to get relegated - probably something he wishes he'd done now.

Now don't get me wrong I'd like a different owner as much as the next, one who doesn't plunder profits into his holding companies etc, sell off land that could be very useful in the future, penny pinches at every corner and generally brings bad press upon the club but he is the owner and unless someone will pay his price we all have to just get used to it.

Flash likes this.
  7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Let’s burn Mikey boy

8. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Except Pouchy.

9. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

In that case why didn’t Mikey just announce the price is ...whatever and I’m not shifting but you can do due diligence to check the finances if you want to? Instead of saying the Club’s up for sale and inviting offers.

Also I’ve not bought a car at list price or dealer price in my life but I get the point you’re making but then why didn’t he do as para 1 above?

10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

What a ****ing snoozefest.

"The word in Dubai International Finance Centre"
    "Again word reaches me"
    "Speaking of business suicide the other word on the Dubai Metro"

So what you are saying Neil is, you know **** all, and thought it a good idea to have a moan at or about Mike Ashley while you know the timing is preferable. Boring, predictable and anti Newcastle.

Flash likes this.

11. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

It is clear to me Ashley does not want to sell unless he gets an offer he cannot refuse. So £400 million is the price someone will have to pay end of.

The worry I would have if I was Ashley is what happens if Rafa does go at the end of his contract and we end up being relegated again. That risky gamble surely is too big of a one to take.

The fact is the squad does need investment as our youth policy is not bringing any decent players through. So one way or another it is going to cost him money anyways.

I believe that we never want to do transfer dealings too early as he does not want to pay the wages until he absolutely has too. Lets say we signed 4/5 players at the end of last season at average 50k each. From 13/05/18 to 11/08/18 that's 12 weeks £250k x 12 = £3 million of wages saved right there.

We are stuck with Ashley for a long time to come.

12. Warmir Pouchov

I don't think there is anything that sinister going on with regard to timing of transfers. We signed some early last summer. Most were done well before the deadline. Clubs like us will always inch closer to the season for the simple reason we are waiting for other clubs to dine out first. Also if that was the case how has he let us getting into such a wages hole looking at the most recent accounts?

13. Prince Isak (GG)

I think THAT McLaren transfer window stung us hard and that is the reason why we are so much more cautious.

If anything maybe just a bit more communication would make things better if it came from the horses mouth etc!

14. Warmir Pouchov

Well that is something Ashley can be accused of. Very little is communicated. I'm not sure any club does on transfers mind, its probably counter productive.

15. Prince Isak (GG)

In general though it really could be improved. I don't need to know transfers ins and outs but just a general plan etc.

Having said that I suppose if there is nothing happening there is nothing to communicate!