1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grant Holt..

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by NORWICHFANNOTON606, May 7, 2011.

1. What a player / captain he has been for us over the last two seasons - a good old fashioned striker, so rare these days.

I personally think he will be very important for us next season and I think he will cause some problems for PL defences. Who would want to mark him and Jackson? They chase everything and take defenders to places they don't want to find themselves.

I don't think Kevin Davies is any better than Holty, so i can see him having a similar impact as they are very much in the same mold.

He deserves this chance, what a story this has been for him too.

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I hope you are right. Certainly Grant has the physical presence to give defeders are torrid time and Jacko has the pace to find room to get a shot.

We all know it will not be easy but I hope they can prove themselves at that level.
    Need to remember Grant was playing for Shrewsbury just 2 years ago and Jacko was in a poor Gills team that got relegated to league 2 - It's a huge jump in class for both of them

3. True Thai - Never said they'd score lots of goals, just work their socks off and give PL defenders a torrid time :p

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I love how you compare him to Davies, In My eyes I think he is better than Davies, But not sure if he will ever play for England.

5. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

You never know Hoadie. If Geoff Thomas and Lee Dixon can........

6. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Maybe just have to see, But it may be like Davies that he only plays once.