1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grandison/Regan

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by ManFeelings, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Now that Carl Regan is slowly coming back to match fitness, you have to ask if he'll displace Grandison at RB. I've not seen him(Regan) play yet(I missed the first bit of the season) but not slating Grandison- at the end of the day the lad is playing out of position and is already a good defender, just not on the right.

Grandison
    -Strong and Physical
    -A very good CB after all
    -Bit clumsy, coupled with inexperience lead to penalties at Southend and elsewhere
    - Susceptible to real pace(but who isn't?)
    - Can't decide how good he really is going forward. Sometimes he makes surging powerful runs but very often he lumps it aimlessly or tries a stepover/pass and gives it away, which good can and will counter against
    -Obviously has the no.2 Shirt

Regan
    -Haven't obviously seen him but at 31 he's experienced and gritty and knows the division well.
    -Would imagine he's more of Dave Raven- solid and sturdy?
    -On BBC Turner called him the 'final piece in the jigsaw' and he got the rub of the green to start- then we got 2 pts from 9 from a straightforward first 3 games.

What say ye?

FS

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Grandison needs to learn some parts of his trade, and struggles with some fast/tricky players (Zebrowski springs to mind <doh>), but Regan was out of match fitness before and will be again now. I think Grandison should keep it untill he mucks up a couple of games and then let regan have a chance.

3. Vanner

Vanner Member

Heard good things from a Notts County fan I know about the few appearances Regan played for them before picking up an injury last season. I think he'll come good towards the end of the season.

4. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

our defence needs a radical rehash and soon. we cannot afford any more basrnet or southend games. goal difference is everything, unless you were in shrews team on saturday