1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good luck Jonas and Bart!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigalreigned, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Good to see Town will have some representation in Russia later this month(plus Bart?)
    Not always been his greatest fan but I’m sure we all wish Jonas good luck in the World Cup.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

That's some extra funds for us then.

Couple of hundred K I think that's worth :)

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

4. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Good luck to him, I hope he gets some game time.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

6. Bigalreigned

All the best to him too!

San Diego likes this.
  7. Westlake33

Probably get pelters here but very sure Bart's played his last league game for us.

8. Bigalreigned

It's not an especially controversial opinion,there's probably several of us who suspect that might well be the case.It would be good to think Bart would at least meet Hurst to see what his plans are,but more likely Bart's agent will turn his head if a half decent bid is made.

9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

We have Bart for another year as his contract extension has been triggered. If he doesn't sign a new contract though he could be sold before we see him leave for nothing.

10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Interesting situation regarding Bart as a guy I know works at Derby and is expecting Prem clubs to come in for Carson so not sure where Bart sits in the grand scheme of 'goalkeepers in demand' or even 'goalkeepers outside of the Premier League'

There will undoubtedly be interest, but he'll likely be on lists along with plenty of other keepers so it comes down to whether anyone sees him as their no.1 target with only Palace at the moment looking like a possible destination. That could all change if they sign someone, or if someone else has a stormer at the World Cup.

I think Bart is simply keeping his powder dry and will sign for us after the WC if there hasn't been anything concrete in terms of offers for him

11. Westlake33

Oh there'll be various interest in him for sure with 1 year left on his deal.

Takes very little time to sign, worrying noises about a past deal that was close and I'm 99.9% sure he's played his last game for us. Just a hunch, and wouldn't blame him at all.

Really deserves a go top tier somewhere - really feel he's good enough for a few prem sides, and if not definitely one of the big 6 or 7 european leagues.

Sadly he's outgrown us.

12. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

How much do you think he is on and how much would he get when he signs the new deal?

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I would guess he's not on very much (in footballing terms) - something like £4-5k / week and I don't think any of our players are on more than £10k so his new deal would probably be for £7-8k. If he went to Palace he would be on a minimum of £20k.

14. Bigalreigned

Who could blame him for moving for that type of increase,and if it's a London club he could probably keep his family in Suffolk if he's as sold on the area as he's said he is.

15. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

The fact that his family are settled in Suffolk means that if he was to move, it'd be to somewhere like Palace or West Ham. I think he would provide an immediate improvement over their current goalkeepers, alrhough his distribution would need significant improvement in the Premier League.

As Scowey said, I think he'll keep the contract situation unresolved this window to see what options are available. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he leaves. He would undeniably be a major loss, but he has provided us with years of loyalty and consistently good performances. He deserves the opportunity in the Premier League, if he gets one.

16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I don't think we need worry too much about one player. It's not going to make or break us either way. But it would make Paul #theythinkitsalloveritisnow Hurst's job a lot easier if he doesn't have to bring in a 'keeper. I don't fancy Gerken, but you never know, a few years out of the team plus a new manager and he might buck his ideas up.

17. Westlake33

Well McGoldrick was after all bonuses on just shy of £20k. Bart will be on around £15k pw with clean sheet / everything else. If he were to jump prem, he'd easily be on £35k no sweat. Wages have gone up loads.

£4-5k in the championship? This isn't 1997 I'm afraid to say far too many a player is on a good whack at us / other clubs. Various players at Bristol Rovers are on this.

Why else was Kevin Bru impossible to shift the entire season?

Milne told us at the SW meeting in 2016 - the average squad player after bonuses was on £8-£12k p.w at town. Captain / key players etc on more than that.

A good chunk is appearance fee etc but yeah Bart will be on a decent penny with us.

18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Hi Westlake

The wages at Town have reduced over the last few years and we pay some of the very lowest wages in the Championship. We have been offloading players on the bigger salaries and limiting salaries of players coming in. Remember that Bart joined us from Notts County. There is no way on Earth he's on £15k. We might offer something like that to keep him now, but his existing contract no way.

19. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Have to disagree with you Yorkie, there's no way in cats he'll Bart is on 5k, in fact none of our first teamers will be, and the will be on upwards of 15k. Christ sake, John Akinde of Barnet is on over 5k a week (fact as he is a personal friend of a friend). The salaries probably have "reduced" over the last couple of seasons, but only in that they haven't increased as much as inflation/cost of living.
    In 2017, our staff wage bill was nearly 18m.
    According to one website, his estimated salary was 10k. If he signs a new contract that will probably increase to at least 15k..
    As someone said above, he's definitely good enough to play in the prem, where wages are ridiculous . He can easily treble his wages there

Westlake33 likes this.
  20. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

John Akinde is a star forward. Forwards, especially prolific ones, get more than 'keepers.

If the average salary was £10k in 2016 and it has come down since then, Bart is a goalkeeper came in as an unknown from a lower league I would say he'd be on one of the lower salaries in the first team.

Hull were getting £11k for Bullard, a big star - we refused to pay Charlie Austin some fairly modest wages. Minor Prem squad players are only on £10k per week. Maybe my estimate (of Bart's old contract, not his new one) was a little low but it certainly will be under £10k.