1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good luck, Dorus.

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by KieranDaviesSCFC, Jun 22, 2011.

1. KieranDaviesSCFC

Good luck at Wolves. Thanks for the four years of good service and helping us on our way to two promotions. He wanted to stay here although he also wanted Premiership wages should we get relegated at the end of the season, so him leaving from our point of view at this stage is probably for the best, the last time we overspent it crippled us for the best part of 20 years of lower league nothingness so well done to the board for not caving in to his demands.

As for his goalkeeping ability, he's a very good shot stopper, is very agile, has great distribution 'in a passing team' and can act as an 11th outfield player, his only major flaws are coming for crosses and corners, at times he doesn't have enough bottle and allows himself to be outmuscled at times way too easily. And he has that continential obsession with punching the ball instead of catching the damn thing. :p

But all in all, he's been amongst (At least) the top 3 keepers of his respective divisions for a good few seasons now, and he generally makes up for his occasional flapping at corners with a superb save afterwards.

So yeah, he's a nice down to earth bloke & good luck to the him, except against us Swans. :)

I just get the feeling he's going to be a bigger loss for us than he'll be a gain for you. : (

2. east-coast-wolves

Well, he does sound a lot like Wayne, so they'll compete well for the spot, so I reckon he'll be a good buy. On a free too!!

Good luck to you guys in the Prem. You'll suprise a few this year me reckons. A good chance of staying up, but only time will tell...