1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good job we've never known success....

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by holystone, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holystone

holystone Active Member

From someone who bought his dad a Newcastle book entitled " Newcastle United: 50 years of pain", it fills me with particular joy to see other "top 4" clubs fans moan about their lack of success on the pitch and mention Newcastle as peers. This is all down to expectations. They all have ( except ManCity) the "we deserve to be top 4 " attitude because of past glories. Enjoy some comments from Arsenal fans on Not606:
    ................................................................................................................................................................
    1.We are treading a very dangerous line now. We really need to pick it up NOW as we are starting to rely on other teams to play badly for us to get into top 4. How bad can Chelsea play? How bad can Liverpool play?Can Newcastle keep on wnning?These are all the points that are very real now. This has got to be the hardest for us to get into top 4 in ages......

2.Thank goodness none of them spent heavily in January. Newcastle got a striker, Chelsea a CB...hopefully they'll make a few mistakes. That's genuinely all Arsenal can hope for now.

3.To the Wenger brigade, please do come give a positive spin to this, after each result you always say oh there is a long way to go, yet game after game we have dropped more points rather than gain points. You say oh Chelsea are doing terrible, yet game after game we fail to make any ground on them, and at the moment other teams have made ground on us, Liverpool and Newcastle, and as a result, we now sit in 7th place.Everyone can see the truth, we are rubbish, and the facts speak for themselves.

......................................................................................................................................

How far have we come at Newcastle?

HTL

2. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

We may have only signed a striker, but when Ba, Cisse and Tiote are all back on the team sheet (and Cabaye) it'll almost feel like a new team ready to attack the last 15 games. The players will all be pumped right up when they're all available and I sense some great performances when the AcON is over and everyone is back.

3. Sports Direct Username

Just two more games to get through until we will have a full team (almost) ready to really aim for the end.

Wish we could have another run like at the start of the season. 11 games unbeaten would be perfect right about now...

4. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

We have known success in the last decade.

We won the Intertoto cup and not even the great SAF managed that.

Your honour, I rest my case for the deluded.

5. rabit71

rabit71 Member

we're also the only english team ever to win the teresa herrera trophy :smiley-finger007:

6. Sports Direct Username

Reading around the Arsenal and Liverpool forums has made me realise I never want to be like them.

I never want to get to the stage where I expect to qualify for the champions league. Where it's a complete disaster and I hate the world if it happens. I love this season because we're not expected to even make Europe, but every week we defy critics and fans everywhere. I like the fact there is almost no pressure on us and we're the underdogs.

Pretty much saying, I never want to take for granted any success. Might have to get a big picture of
    please log in to view this image

on my wall if we ever qualify for the champions league. Just to remember the sh*t times.

7. Badgers Assemble

Badgers Assemble Well-Known Member

SAF never won the championship either

8. Shola's Concrete Boots

Shola's Concrete Boots Active Member

I remember the first Keegan era and the Sir bobby era when we used to be disappointed if we
    missed out on Europe. I think it's been so long now that 'us' fans are just happy with a few decent performances.
    Don't want to jynx it but the good times are on the way back.

9. Sports Direct Username

I remember the Sir Bobby era but even that felt like we were always punching above our weight and we were always the underdog. In the champions league coming back from 3 losses to still qualify. I miss those times :(

10. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

I think It's bullshit when people think that you have to win something to be successful.

IMO finishing in the CL spots and finishing 2nd place is an achievement and teams should be respected for it.

11. Sports Direct Username

But if you finish second surely it's so close to 1st then shouldn't you be aiming for that? As great as it would be to come second this season (or any season at the moment) if it happened every year then I'd be fustrated we never win it.

12. Andmcit

Andmcit Member

Add Content

13. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

iv seen newcastle win the texaco cup

14. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I'm sure there were more people there than four.

15. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

And yet if willo or colo got injured we'd be well and truly ****ed

16. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

...and the Championship :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.