1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Golf - The Face Spitter

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Jan 27, 2014.

1. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

So recently i've taken to doubling up European Tour and PGA Tour bets. Small stake ew singles and a double.

The title face spitter is supposed to represent the fact that if you did, by some freak of nature, manage to land one of these bets you would have enough money to pack your job in and tell your boss what you really think of him/her...

Last time I was a combined 4 shots off a 12,230/1 double of Thomas Aiken (80/1) tied for 5th at the Qatar Masters and Will McKenzie (150/1) tied for 7th in the Farmers Insurance Open.

So with a renewed level of optimism I am going to try again this week. We have the Dubai Desert Classic on the European Tour and the Waste Management Phoenix Open (what a lovely name!) on the PGA Tour.

Omega Dubai Desert Classic - The Majlis Course, Emirates - Course Map (https://dubaidesertclassic.com/images/EGCVenu.pdf)

Waste Management Phoenix Open - TPC Scottsdale Arizona - Course Map (http://wmphoenixopen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2014-Site-Map_..pdf)

I've got a few in mind for the Phoenix open, i will update once the odds are published. Last 10 years have been won with very low scores, (9 out of 10 winners have been american)

Anyway... Get on with your homework, lets see if we can get a big win!

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Good man Jeff...<ok>

I was just looking over the PGA website my self with the idea of starting the Tour Schedules thread again... I'll take a quick look me thinks at the next tournaments...<cheers>

3. YouCanCallMeJeff

Right. I have finally settled on two.

The Pheonix open was an easy choice for me. Billy Horschel (28/1). Shame the price isn't a bit bigger. Has been playing really nicely so far this season. I've been waiting for a shorter course to back him. Hoping he can go close.

I umm'd and ahhh'd about the desert classic. In the end I decided while it is a fairly long course there was a fair amount of trouble off the fairway and while my pick, Francesco Molenari (66/1), doesn't hit it very far with the driver (maybe 20 or 30 yards less than some) he does hit it straight. Hit the greens in regulation and there should be some low scores possible, Francesco is brilliant with the putter.

I've backed these two in each way singles and doubles for the outright (1942/1 the double with Coral) and for first round lead (2295/1 the double with Bet365). Probably not face spitting odds but a nice return.

£2 unit stake = £24 total bet

EDIT: Coral shop only gave me 50/1 on Molinari <wah>

If i knew I'd only be getting 50s I'd have gone to PP and got the extra place at the same price! Crooks!

4. YouCanCallMeJeff

My two for this week..

Joburg Open - Seve Benson 100/1

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-am - Will Makenzie 80/1

5. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Sorry Jeff I didn't realise you had posted picks on here last time as I started my own thread. Red usually started a separate thread for each tourney which is not a bad idea, it's handy to follow, well for me anyway <laugh>

Anyway, nice work :emoticon-0148-yes:

I think Edoardo Molinari looked in good shape last week and at 50/1 is worth each way money this week in the Jo'Burg open. I'd hope he can build on last week in what is a very average field.

Onto Pebble Beach where all we will get all week is Bill Murray hacking around bunkers and 'scratch golfer' Kenny G thinning 4 irons from 150 yard's and if we're lucky they'll show George Lopez once or twice <laugh> but on a serious note I do love Pebble Beach GC and the surrounding Monterey and Spyglass are glorious looking places to play and I don't mind the celebrities being shown really ...once or twice, but I do hope the coverage of the pros is a little better than most years. I'm never too pushed about backing in these events as sometimes the entertainment side of it can distract the pros a little depending on the character but one of my players to follow from a few year back Sang Moon Bae at 125/1 tempted me too much, has promised so much yet not really pushed on to what he can and is capable of and maybe this week can see him in contention on Sunday perhaps.

6. YouCanCallMeJeff

Cracking start! Molinari looked good, could almost have had a bit more red on his scorecard :emoticon-0148-yes:

Seve Benson -4 through the east course so happy enough with that start, afternoon tee off tomorrow though.

The West course looks like its playing a couple of shots easier than the east course. I reckon there may be some room to back those with an early tee time tomorrow on the west course and lay them off if they post a low score.

7. SaveTheHumans

Yep a good start there for both of us , hopefully they will be in there come Saturday and have a squeak come Sunday afternoon.

8. SaveTheHumans

Molinari has frozen and Bae needs to shoot low at Monterey today which is likely, so fingers crossed for the each way money now it look's like as Aiken has stolen a march in Joburg

9. YouCanCallMeJeff

not surprised to see a saffer take hold of the tourney, slightly peeved i backed Aiken a few tourneys back.

10. SaveTheHumans

My two bombed, Bae continues to dissapoint and Molinari could not improve on a great start which was frustrating.

Your man Benson did well after, pity he was just shy off placing but a decent effort.

11. YouCanCallMeJeff

I went for Roope Kakko and Justin Hicks this time round. Roope 2 under for his first round so needs to put in a big round today. Hicks +3 so has to have a blinder to make the cut. Both will probably be at home come saturday!