1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goal of the month - September (2022)

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 25, 2022.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I thought I'd start a thread - to help cheer up all Gills fans!........now - let me see which one is the contender........
    answer on a pin head !

brb and Lord Sondes Clock like this.
  2. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

I really don’t know whether to laugh or cry. What an absolute shambles our football club has become. Two chairmen and no goal scorers. I despair.

brb and alwaysright like this.
  3. alwaysright

Who'd have thought that, going into game No.11, we'd have as many chairmen as goals scored ?............should I start another thread - to ask for predictions as to the final goal count ? ........ and I'm not going to put any money on Harris surviving October.

brb likes this.
  4. alwaysright

Harris does have to take some of the blame !
    ........ He brought on Green - and how was he used ? - it certainly wasn't to his 'strengths.' Green hardly touched the ball !... I was expecting that, when Green came on - with about 20 minutes to play, he'd be used as a bit of a 'super-sub' - a bit like Hodge was .. to bomb forward , down the wing - to get crosses over......just shows how wrong I can be !

... trouble is - you need to have a Bob Taylor.

Lord Sondes Clock and brb like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

<laugh> Best laugh I've had all season

6. brb

brb CR250

For what it's worth, I still maintain we stick with Harris, we do or die by him.

I was reading on Twitter when Harris was at Wall, suffering a similar fate when he first went in, given time it all came together, and that's what I'm hoping here.

I know not scoring is a major problem, but we are scraping stuff like the point yesterday, a point which lifted us two places higher. I know it don't seem much, but what we grind out now, may lead to us turning that corner and I aint talking about that one on the magic roundabout.

7. Lord Sondes Clock

Ah, if only. Or a Cody McDonald. Oh no, now what have I started…

8. Lord Sondes Clock

I hope you’re right brb. I’m reminded of the 2010/11 season, Hessy’s first one back after we’d been relegated to this division the previous season.

If I recall correctly, I think we were in real trouble at the foot of the table through to November (and got dumped out of the FA Cup by Dover). Then Mr Lee and Mr Whelpdale arrived on loan from Peterborough, inspiring an almost immediate turn in fortunes. I think we won the very next away game at Oxford (the first in 30-odd attempts). Didn’t we end up missing out on the play offs on goal difference? Or a single point?

Question is, if we stick with Harris, who’s going to be his Lee and Whelpdale cavalry?

9. alwaysright

Gills were 22nd in November and ended up 8th.....we actually 'blew it' - because we lost out last two matches.. one was a home game v Macclesfield - where they avenged a Gills victory at their place ( 4-2 ) --- by the same scoreline at Priestfiled.
    The Oxford win (( Cody rounding their keeper)), was the first away win for 35 games... Gills then won the next two away games as well !

10. brb

brb CR250

I've been thinking, last time we got out of L2 and won the title, we battered our way out of it, also take a look at Stevenage this season under Evans, are they not battering their way out of it and are sitting pretty in third.

Just a theory but when Mad Dog was sacked, I felt it was because we struggled to adapt, from L2 to L1 footie. Under Evans, I felt he was trying to apply also L2 tactics in L1.

Now Evans is in L2, it's working for him, but the better quality manager in Harris is struggling to get the team to adapt for a L2 setting, because we made whole sale changes and L2 probably is not Harris' forte.

Have I lost everyone yet? <laugh>

Ok, I'll shut up now.

11. alwaysright

thanks, brb - you've turned my head to mush (( i know it didn't take much ))

12. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

13. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

At least on this 'goal of the month' I won't have to 'phone a friend for any help.......:emoticon-0120-doh:

brb likes this.
  14. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

I saw Sithole junior score from half way line for the youth team.

brb likes this.