1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goal of the Month - December

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Nice smattering of Academy goals included again. However, little doubt about the winner this time round [Clue: our Captain is also up for the EFL Goal of the Month with this one.]

Worth having a look at all the goals though, so here's a link if you want to do that and also vote:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/11/december-goal-of-the-month

2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Well, he's won the SkyBet Championship Goal of the Month for December ... but will he win this one?

please log in to view this image

" ... after receiving 54% of the public vote.

It was a goal straight off the training ground. Stefan Johansen guided his free-kick on to the left foot of Cairney whose impeccably timed volley flew past Wolves keeper Harry Burgoyne.

Lead Sky Bet EFL Goal of the Month judge and Sky Sports Pundit Don Goodman said: “What can you really say when you see a goal like that? It’s a remarkable strike, clean as a whistle and a real thing of beauty. “The most impressive thing is that technically, it is a very difficult volley to pull off but Cairney strikes it to perfection.”

Cairney said: “It was a great moment and a great goal. The best I’ve scored in my career and to have won this award, I’m happy and hopefully I can score another one soon”

Cairney beat off competition from Burton Albion’s Jamie Ward and Bristol City’s Luke Freeman.
    "

2whitestripes likes this.