1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

GOAL: Leeds 1-0 Brentford Eddie Nketiah

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by 2020VisionofLeeds, Aug 21, 2019.

1. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

thanks guys

PINKIE likes this.
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah we're really excited about Eddie Nketiah. He had a few games last season but he still looked pretty raw, but this pre season he has been really good, looking stronger and more confident and he's been scoring goals too.

I was a bit disappointed that he went on on to be honest as Emery definitely had him in his plans this season. But the loan deal with you guys will give him loads of game time and we're really enjoying him scoring goals for you too :)

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Also I've got an avatar bet with @Suckmyklopp about who scores more Nketiah v Brewster.

4. 2020VisionofLeeds

The Championship isn’t easy for young players. We have had a number of young loan players from Prem teams in the last few seasons and some have failed, some have taken quite a time to play themselves in. He is already looking the part.

As well as pace and the ability to be in the right place ( and coolness to put them away) I also like his energy level. We needed that 1-0 up with not long to play. One example - their CB (our ex player which made it sweeter) thought he could let a ball run over for a goal kick, Eddie zoomed past him, flicked the ball against him and got us a corner - gold, with a couple of minutes still to play. He did a few things like that.

If he can keep getting game time it should be good for him here, the coaching staff are far better than we’ve had for a long long time, so he should develop.

gooner4ever likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah he's a fighter for sure. He reminds me of a young Ian wright in a lot of ways, but it's early days for Nketiah still. His progress so far though is really encouraging. Exciting player to watch.

6. 2020VisionofLeeds

Yes I agree. He is starting to team up well with the winger we got from Wolves, Costa. Both have pace, in the Championship many don’t have that. Costa provided the pass for the goal last night.

We were close last season, I’m hoping these two may give us more options this season and get us up. Early days.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You've been close for a few seasons mate. Must be frustrating seeing Leeds almost over the line to then blow it at the end. Hopefully Nketiah can score loads of goals for you this season and help you get promoted.

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

He looks quality - quick and a good finisher. Think this loan spell will very be important for him as it would be hard to get game time at Arsenal with Pepe, Lacazette and Auba in the squad.

9. 2020VisionofLeeds

I’m not up to date on your playing style but I’d have thought the way Bielsa sets things up would be good training for his coming back to you, and what he expects from every player (teamwork and work rate) would be a good learning experience. I’ve seen other talented youngsters fail on loan at Leeds, but I don’t think this guy will.

white_gunner and TheBear like this.