1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goal drought predicted!!

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Lenny38, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

By my reckoning (and I'm happy to be proved wrong). We only have two players left in our team that managed to score more than 1 league goal last season, Weston 4 and Spiller 2. So being serious lads for once, who on earth is going to make up the massive short fall from Cody, Akinfenwa, Palmer and Barcham leaving?? Don't say Kedwell!!

2. brb

brb Guest

Kedwell <laugh><ok>

Sorry Lenny, I'll get my coat...

3. brb

brb Guest

Do you want hear something even funnier Lenny, I've just submitted my predictions for next season to the O/S, only problem is I've predicted us scoring between 60-70 goals.
    As you have raised though, I ain't got a clue who is going to be scoring them! <doh>

4. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

BRB... He's going to score the 50 league goals we are missing from those 4?? Give me a break.

5. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    he is going on a free transfer :emoticon-0116-evilg:emoticon-0116-evilg:emoticon-0116-evilg

6. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Think Leeds are set to snap him up as part of our push for more experienced players. <ok>

7. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><ok>

8. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

The only way we are going to "score" 50-60 goals this year is if our opponents score 50-60 own goals!

9. brb

brb Guest

I've said 60-70 goals in my earlier post, well I actually predicted 60 goals originally along with a point scoring ratio of 76 points, so for that I had to make an allowance of a 10 goal difference, hence 70 goals forecasted. <ok>

Like everyone else though at the moment I haven't got a clue where there coming from <laugh>

10. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

What with Hessy back on Monday I expect some action in the transfer market. If nothing happens come the end of the week, then I shall really be concerned.

11. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I actually believe we will get a good amount of goals next season as we will get good strikers and also the others will come good.
    Trust is key.

12. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

You're a young supporter Hoadie. Most of us older ones have seen too many false dawns at Gillingham, to get our hopes up.

13. brb

brb Guest

I agree - next week has been the deadline that I have set in mind for some announcements - hopefully then we can clear up all the rumours and frustrations.

Really disappointed with the O/S though, I just feel there is no incentive to go on there at all, apart from noircats and ticket info - I see the Chairman's comments are still on there from the Macclesfield game!

Most articles I first pick up are rarely from the O/S and I think it is a poor showing from the clubs official site.

I just think this will all cause problems in the long term if we don't get the season off to a good start, because people will look back and say you didn't prepare properly pre-season, which is what I felt caused some of our issues at the beginning of last season.

I still hear some of those chants ringing in my ears now, of 'Scally Out' which were not nice but I think we really do not do ourselves any favours sometimes - I know the club would argue this point but you have to look at it from the supporter's point of view, whether you like it or not.

I certainly not saying I could do a better job, or that I have a problem with Paul Scally, I just really don't want to see us start the season like last and for people to say I told you so!

Cue Lenny...:emoticon-0100-smile

14. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

Weston will score more goals next season i recon and if given chance i think s.payne will get a few maybe 15ish? and kedwell along the same sort of lines.. no where near 60-70 though :/ we'll see what transfers happen and then have a look..

15. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

S Payne to get 15??? I think thats wishful thinkng, I would have money he doesn't get in double figures.

16. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

i doubt he'll get into single figures

17. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

Come on Vinney he will score at least one goal or are you saying that he will not make double figures?

18. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

If he can bang them in at reserve level then i'm sure he could do a job against the poorer sides in this league.. although thinking about it we may just be one of them :/ I was trying to be optimistic!

19. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

His reserve performances suggest he could do a job for us, he would need to get a chance first.