1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Go or stay

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Sep 30, 2017.

?

How much longer should Clem be given before the sack

Poll closed Oct 7, 2017.
  1. As soon as possible

21.4%
  2. keep him regardless and hope we improve

28.6%
  3. Don't care anymore

14.3%
  4. tell the owners and Jenkins to make changes by boycotting games

14.3%
  5. Do nothing...

21.4%
  1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

What are your views on Clem

2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

He got lucky last season at the end.Players he has signed show to me he is clueless.Bony brought back should gave been a no go.He's been a bench player since leaving here.Crying out for FB cover and he does nothing.Creative MF does nothing.Proven regular goalscorer does nothing.
    Not learnt anything.
    Taking us down.
    Our ASAP
    Problem is whoever comes in has to worj with PCs dross.

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Yes he does do something. He sells Kingsley and we buy a Sunday league player for £17m to be cover at left back :headbang:

swanseaandproud likes this.
  4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

We need to revert back to 4-2-3-1 with 2 of Narsingh/Dyer/Routs/Ayew starting every game on the wing.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

I want to believe in Clement. For me, he's got the next 2 games at home, make it 3, with the Cup game (nothing to lose), to show some serious attacking intent!! Without it, we're doomed under him. He can sort the defence as much as he likes, but if we can't score we're always at risk of the 'sucker'. The last 2 Saturday's have proven that...

6. swanseaandproud

I have seen enough of clement and his "I'm not at blame attitude"......He is all talk with no substance and the quicker he is gone and replaced with an experienced manager who can manage mediocre players the quicker we can get back on track of beating clubs that are also poor.....The only way we will get shot of clem is by Fan power because Jenkins wont do anything we know that....Keeping clem here is only prolonging the agony and pushing us further towards relegation even when we win the odd game which we will....

7. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Well after listening to his post-match from yesterday, I found it very uncomfortable the way he was sort of alluding that part of our attacking problem, is that the players are, as good as, not good enough!! Talking about encouraging open revolt & being left 'on his own', really scary to ours & his near future.. We're just about at 'dead man walking' scenario!!

So Dai, who would you suggest?? Give us 3 names..

8. swanseaandproud

Just a few that are available
    47 Years
    Sep 11, 2017
    please log in to view this image
    Crystal Palace
    Premier League
    1,95 2
    Luis Enrique
    47 Years
    Jun 30, 2017
    FC Barcelona

LaLiga
    2,03 2
    Paulo Sousa
    47 Years
    Jun 30, 2017
    Fiorentina
    Serie A
    1,75 2
    Alan Pardew
    56 Years
    Dec 22, 2016
    Crystal Palace
    Premier League
    1,45 2
    Wa

that are available....

9. swanseaandproud

Google available premiership managers and you can see who is out of work and there are loads to choose from...

10. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Don’t care anymore, fallen out of love with football and especially The Swans for over a year now.

Don’t enjoy PL football, great for a few seasons but pointless now. Other than the top six were only there to make the numbers up and pocket the money.

11. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I echo that.
    Well said sir.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. swanseaandproud

You're perfectly correct of course Never and the main reason why after 50 odd years i won't support the swans or football in general with hard earned cash. I do however support them from my armchair using my laptop and i still want them to do well and like any fan i get frustrated at the way the club is being run today But do i care if we go down? Of course i care, I care very much but is it important to my life ? No it is not as my family will come before any sport......It is more of a pastime to me because i enjoy watching football.

Stumpy and neveroffsidereff like this.
  13. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Amen to that Dai my very same sentiments. I'm considering going back to watching local non league football, the standard might be crap but at least I know their not in it for the money, just the love of the game.

14. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

That's the way it seems to be going now. Survival in the Prem to ensure another bumper day for the owners. TicTac football has been assassinated, buried and stamped on.

15. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We have failed to be true to our football principles, and that lies at the feet of Jinx & Co.......<ok>

16. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Luis Enrique - He'd only consider top 4 in the prem

Paolo Souza - Wouldn't entertain him coming back here. He'd only be doing it to re-launch his failed career anyway and would from the off, make sure that 'bigger' clubs than Swansea knew he was available next season. His massive ego would prevent him returning anyway.

Alan Pardew - We have better looking after the U23's

Walter Mazzarri - A magician capable of turning hard working decent clubs into goal fodder and also-rans. Has left too many clubs under the dark clouds of failure and despair to be considered imo. Can he speak a word of English yet? I bet he can say 'show me the money' in several laguages though.

and the best of the lot

Go get him Jinx

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  17. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

'Paolo Souza - ... His massive ego would prevent him returning anyway.' ???

'“With hindsight, yes, of course I made a mistake in leaving Swansea,” Sousa tells the Guardian. “But the time I felt that moving to Leicester offered me the best opportunity for my career. We all make mistakes in life, but it is what you do next that counts.”
    Hardly the comment of a man with a huge ego.

18. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

My biggest concern about Clement at this time is that before the last game , there seemed to be player unrest during the week up until game time . And fuel might have been poured onto the situation with the loss . Hope traini8ng is going well

19. swanseaandproud

Training is a big problem i think. He is trying to do things big clubs could do with world class players and we dont have anywhere near that caliber of players, In fact most of our players are not even good premiership players. We need to get back to basics and i would love to be able to persuade Martinez to return to the club and reinstall the type of game that a player dont have to be a household name can learn. It was not all to do with Martinez as there was input from Curtis and the other coaches at the time and the Swansea Way was born. It was imo the best era of my time watching swans play and fans still talk about it today.....We went on and got promotion with Brendan but we still played the type of football that served us well in the lower leagues with a few tweeks here and there. We never had big players that were as good as the top 6 clubs but we had a system that could give whem a game and we won quite a few to the astonishment of the football world, We even did the double over Arsenal and Man utd. We had belief and confidence then and that is what i want to see come back.......Bring back Martinez if we can.

20. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Football is an easy game made difficult by idiots.

Jumpers for goalposts.

DragonPhilljack likes this.