1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Glenn Hoddle

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Reading between the lines I think it's clear Harry is engineering an exit which will leave us back to square one. So who do we look at as a replacement? Glenn Hoddle might not be the first name that springs to mind but he is a pure football aficionado and would insist on playing 'the beautiful game'. He has run his Academy for several years and would have a good idea of young, skillful players who would be playing the right way. To give him three years to put in place a structure that would knit our new academy and training facility along with a revamp of our first team would be a sensible approach to put right the folly of the past two years. What do you think?...

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I'd like Hoddle as Coach.

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I'd like him if he does to Adel what he did to Beckham - he was trying to do something in England training, failed and Hoddle said "Well you haven't got that skill" and proceeded to demonstrate how to do it. He was a good coach, until that reincarnation/disability fiasco, which just showed how thick he is.

4. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

"Diamond Lights" anybody..................................................
    A man with an apparent direct line to the almighty might come in handy sometimes, but would a Christian religious man be just what our muslim Morrocan needs in his already jumbled up head i don't think so.
    On a personal note i think we gonna be ok under 'Arry if he stays.

5. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

It sounds a bit left field, but I would be very happy for anyone whose first thought is not "who do I know that I can repurchase" but was a bit more clued up in terms of scouting new talent.

Don't know much about Hoddle's career since his spectacular fall from grace, might go and have a read...

6. SurreyRanger

SurreyRanger Active Member

Yes please! I suggested this to David McIntyre on Twitter yesterday,

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I think Hoddle has learnt a lot from his mistakes, he has so much to offer in improving players, something we patently fail to do...

8. rangercol

I'm beginning to think that there is so much (understandable) frustration, negativity and doom and gloom on here, that it wouldn't matter who was named as a possible coach for us, a lot on here would moan/complain and find fault with them!

9. rangercol

Exactly. His comments regarding disabled people etc were very misguided, but hopefully he has learned.

10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Not so sure Col. The anti-Harold feeling is now almost unanimous, which makes a change on here, more so than the anti-Hughes feeling last year even, and he has brought it upon himself.

If we got one of the has been/never was's in (Cotterill, Pulis etc etc) the outcry would be huge. But someone younger, more imaginative...foreign?? I for one would cut them much more slack than I'm prepared to give Harold.

11. rangercol

You're probably right.

12. Loveitupthebush

Loveitupthebush Well-Known Member

The problem is nobody calls him Mr Redknapp like all them tools on here before with the Mr Hughes bollocks

13. SW2 1BR

SW2 1BR Member

What's needed is somebody with the ability to think outside the box; youthful sure but somebody with experience of growing as opposed to purchasing talent. Having looked at QPR last season, the team looked clumsy, disjointed and subsequently unsure of what they were doing (you cannot buy spirit - that's created through shared struggle!). In selection of a new manager, they need to look for somebody who has the dexterity to handle careerist footballers of the modern age whilst carrying a full understanding and passion of the age-old QPR culture. One way or another, TF's requirement for a re-branding of the club's profile will result in a shift in the club's structure but somebody with true grit is required now to humble up these over-inflated egos. This period of QPR's journey also calls for somebody with limited track-record i.e. the ability to create on a blank canvas. Anybody with an established name will inevitably be deemed a failure from the get-go until the club's infrastructural foundations e.g. pay structures have been tidied to ensure full harmony - how about the untried Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (or the like) - sound football playing knowledge & success / an ability to remain cool under pressure / the ability to organise and manage successfully as I believe so far... and most important of all - an evident will to win whilst maintaining humility to the end!

14. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

hello mate and a good first post <ok>

15. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I like the suggestion. If we have to change, it may be time for someone like Solskjaer, or similar up and coming manager who has already cut his teeth and shown some success and is ready for that next move before attempting the top flight (eg Premiership)

16. DaveThomas

DaveThomas Well-Known Member

I have pondered and think Hoddle would be a very good match .. I have suggested French managers of course but that just me being me ... Hoodle carries a lot of respect inside the game still and bollocks to what he said about whoever .. at the time the media killed him. The time could be right for a return .. lets face it his teams play QPR football and he still carrys enough to swamp most a modern day player's ego ... it's a great suggestion Sooperhoop ... Other suggestions like OGS are as mad as mind with a decent French manager ... Hoddle would come in and turn our golden squad into a real force IMO

17. DaveThomas

Hoddle is also a man of god and would banish the evil voodoo from the club

18. DaveThomas

I wouldn't Col I just need to have faith in the football ... Harold hasn't got that ability ... in fact it's very clear he should retire from the game

19. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

The trouble is 75% of our squad are handicapped in some way, it wouldnt be a good fit.

20. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Hoddle's been out of management for seven years. A long time. May be Alan Curbishley (out five years)? He did alright at Charlton and West Ham