1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

gills found guilty by court tribunal of racial victimisation and unfair dismissal

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gills4everandaday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

tribunal find gills guilty of acts against mccammon, they are still to decide if they will appeal.
    just can't believe this has come to this...sorry but it's a joke and unfair justice has happened !

2. throwoff

throwoff Member

This is the worst possible news.

This will end very badly.

Whatever fine we get hit with will wipe out some of Allens budget. We will be on the evening news tonight I would bet.

Questions must be asked as to whether the chairmans position is now untenable, the same for Hess.

3. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

Anybody got a viable source other than KentSportsNews? I struggle to believe a word they say.

4. gills4everandaday

offical site statement was made.

5. throwoff

throwoff Member

It is on Kentonline.

I will put money on it being on BBC, Sky, Dailymail etc etc within the hour.

6. brb

brb Guest

7. gills4everandaday

expect this to now effect gillingham fc in more ways than just transfer funds for the new season ahead !!!

8. throwoff

throwoff Member

No way Hess can stay in his job. NO WAY.
    If an appeal is not possible and my contact who deals with industrial tribunals says in his experience it is not always possible Scally needs to stand down as soon as possible, take the bullet, go live in Dubai as owner and appoint a new chairman.

9. brb

brb Guest

SKY SPORTS NEWS have just reported it and said it will send shock waves through the football league.

10. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

This is not good news, for the sake of the club I hope Hessy falls on his sword, although it is unlikely considering that he only resigned the managers position when he was offered a cushy deal on the board. We should have got rid when we had the opportunity!!

I am not sure how this will affect Scally's reputation, seeing as the accusations made by McCammon was directed to Hessenthaler personally and the club, so I am not sure what will happen on that front.

11. brb

brb Guest

Does anyone know if we could face a points deduction for this as punishment on top of any fines?

12. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

BBC Article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-19049495

This is serious trouble. The next question is "was this the work of individuals (AH) or the whole club". Not sure what action will now be taken because there is not exactly a precedent.

13. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Well this is the first time anything like this has happened in football. No doubt the club will have to pay compensation for McCammon plus the legal fees.

However, the situation will need to be addressed by the FA, and with no precident for this the punishment could be be anything. All depends on what charges the FA want to check, Hess could be banned from football activities, Scally could now fail the "fit and proper person" test but I don't think that could be restrospectatively assessed. Fines and points deductions could all be viable options for the FA, and considering the harsh approach towards the Terry case (and he was legally found innocent) I think it could be severe.

If i was a season ticket holder I would be checking if I could swap for a Charlton one

14. brb

brb Guest

This is so serious I'm in shock! McCammon lost earnings? McCammon could he even ask for his job back or subsequent penalties?

15. throwoff

throwoff Member

I am not sure he could ask for a job back as his contract has ended!

16. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Listening to the BBC lunchtime news this sounds like the correct conclusion. It is reported that Scally instucted staff to go and photograph MacCammon's car to see if it had moved in the snow (for injury treatment). It sounds outrageous and the finger points clearly at Scally. He will have to go, which is more than a bit tricky when he is the owner. looks like the new Chairman could be between MacCammon and Mrs Scally.

17. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

No doubt we will be the talk of the football world today then. Seriously not good for us at all. Allen will struggle to make signings now unless they all come from abroad and cant speak English. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

18. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

The industrial tribunal at Ashford has found in his favour - that he was unfairly dismissed & that there were grounds for racial discrimination.
    The club is considering its' position with the legal team.
    The finding - posted on the OS does not give the specific evidence leading to the decision. - that would be of interest.
    Bang goes Gazzas money !

apologies to g4e - didn't see your earlier thread - brb - do the business & merge this please.

19. throwoff

throwoff Member

There is so much irony in the fact a latino, non-british player who might be the best talent GFC have even seen and signed by Hess has been sold only for his transfer fee to go on compensation/fines for a racism charge.

20. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

As if things were not bad enough for Scally, it does look an act of incredible insensitivity to have appointed a manager who was suspended for alleged racial abuse at a previous club when this case was looming. Equally it would have been a no brainer to make sure that there were a few coloured lads in the first team squad. football is about perceptions and the perception of Gillingham will be distorted badly for years to come.
    The reality is that all of this is probably more attributable to incompetence in terms of understanding employment law rather than discrimination and there were plenty of warning signs in Dimson's time that MacCammon thought he was being treated badly. The Board of any company has to take responsibility for the lack of action to ensure MacCammon was being treated fairly and they seem to have ignored those early warning signs. It looks like Scally,s head on the block which could have dire consequences for the continued existence of the club.