1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gills finish 10th

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, May 9, 2021.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Well another season has ended. Unfortunately with no fans at any Gills games. We finish in 10th which is a good achievement considering our small budget.
    We had three outstanding players in Graham Dempsey and 20 goal striker Oliver.
    We will find out later who of those were player of season.
    Depending if we can keep those 3 as well as Evans who has done a great job. That will determine if we have another good season.

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I agree mate, we need to continue where we left off this season. Tenth position is very respectable for a club like us, and it was a great relief, considering there was no expectation to do well, after a year of covid.

I think we are all entitled to our respective opinions, as long has we put our hands up when we are proven wrong. Both Oliver and Evans, did that this season and to them I pay my respects.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Jordan Graham is probably the best player we've had since Bradley Dack. I think Graham is a year younger than Dack, so if Dack can play for a Championship side, I see no reason why Jordan can't to. Albeit I would love for him to stay and help us reach that goal.

Anyway, whoever goes where, big respect to them all and a thank you from me.

3. gioblues

Graham was not even in top 3

4. brb

brb CR250

and?

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  5. gioblues

Surprised

6. brb

brb CR250

Not at all, I'd predicted Dempsey to win it, he was a workhorse as I've said all season. I think it became clear as the season started to come to a close he was going to pick up the award.

Again as I predicted and I think we all predicted, Tucker was going to get his award.

The players one went to the top scorer Oliver, due to his goals, well earned. I don't think this one came into any discussions that I can remember.

Still dosen't change my opinion that Graham is the best player we've had since Dack, and probably should be playing Championship football. I wouldn't dispute that Dempsey is in that same category to, but I think he is tied to us by contract anyway.

I don't think Tucker is ready for that level yet but that's not disrespectful, the lad is only 21 - I think it was @alwaysright , that said the lad needs to bulk up a bit.

I don't believe Oliver would make that level (Championship), nor would other clubs build the team around him. Both Eaves and Dack, struggled at times, both mainly due to injury(s). Also our style with Oliver although effective is not popular, it's ok if your manager is Evans.

As for Ogilvie well his award speaks for itself.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  7. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Most important is, as much as some do not like him, Evans must stay 10th for us I think was brilliant

WINDYROG likes this.