1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Getting credit

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Masanari, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Good article by Lee Ryder in the Chronicle about us being ignored by pundits and not being given any credit.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...at-must-nufc-do-to-get-credit-72703-29841017/

2. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Pundits hate us doing well so they ignore us but when we are failing they can't wait to have their say. I think people underestimating us is only a good a thing.

3. Pardew's Magical Notepad

4. SirBR

SirBR Active Member

The national press hate us at the minute cause we are just trundling along doing well and not in the so called melt down that they love us to be in.
    They don't get the reaction from the Toon supporters as they used to, they hoped the renaming of SJP would have mass protests but people are split over the idea and can see the financial benefit so it kind of died out.
    We don't have loud mouth players twating on twitter any more, so there is nothing for them to **** stir.

Let them underestimate us, we all just want to finish in the top 10 as is the players first priority as Ba said last week.
    We know we aren't top 4 or even 6, but t is exciting the way we have started and where we might finish.

For a change it's a positive season with very little drama <ok>

5. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

Damn them! Damn them all!

If I ruled the world I'd have Hoddle hung, drawn and quartered outside St. James&#8217; Park and stipulate he be reincarnated as the lowest of the low. Yes &#8211; lower than a Sun journalist, he&#8217;d come back a Mackem

Lawro would be operated on without anaesthetic to have his eyes replaced with telescopes so he could see where bloody goals come from and his testicles would be wired up to the national grid every time he predicts a positive result for Liverpool.

Garth Crooks would be buried up to his neck in the sand, his bug eyes taped wide open and have the Japanese punishment of bukkake performed on him by the population of Shanghai.

I&#8217;d make sure that Merson was given another brain cell so the other one wouldn&#8217;t be lonely and he&#8217;d go insane once the ability to think finally developed.

To be honest, I wouldn&#8217;t because I don&#8217;t care if their plaudits aren&#8217;t forthcoming. It&#8217;s not as if I crave their approval.

Please make it OK to be happy with Newcastle&#8217;s start Mr. Pundit? Please?

I know the team have played well. We&#8217;ve had some luck but we are where we are on merits and after playing the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Man City and THAT tough fixture at Stoke we&#8217;ve EARNED our position.

We all know that.

6. Voluptuous Vuckic

Voluptuous Vuckic Active Member

<laugh>

7. Joe Kinnear

Joe Kinnear Member

Aye I don't care what these so called 'pundits' think. If I wanted the views of a raving mad alcoholic I'd go and talk to the bathroom mirror.

It's just a bunch of people who either drank the bottle rather than having it to go into management or the ones who were stupid enough to go into management when they shouldn't have and failed miserably.

Phil Thompson is the worst in my book. He was on Skysports News a few weeks ago talking up Fulham and Martin Jol saying what a good job Martin had done since he took over from Roy Hodgson...... oh dear

8. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I don't knowwe're not top 6.

I think we're probably not but I'm not wholly convinced.

9. biggeordiedave

biggeordiedave Active Member

I actually thought this was going to be an off topic article asking for advice on credit matters <laugh>.

10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Pundits love the following in English football:

Harry Redknapp

Tony Pulis

Gareth Bale "Turning on the afterburners"

Steven Gerrard

They will criticise literally everything else in English football. Last season you could have added Ian Holloway to that list.

As Ricky Gervais would put it, I think the term for them is a "Gaggle of Mongs".

11. beardface

beardface Active Member

<laugh> So did I..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.