1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Get Your Houses In Order

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No problem Doc - it's your forum mate, you can post what you like, but please don't be surprised if you get a comeback when you highlight matters by a hack journo trawling up contentious issues concerning my club to sell a newspaper. Especially when it's on the back of a thread about your own unfair treatment - the two things are poles apart.

I also don't understand your point about Bamba either. Bamba was let go by your club for reasons probably only you lot would have accurate knowledge of - all we understand was that he was critical of the owner and club policy and the best thing was to part company. The fact that he then joined Cardiff as a free agent is nothing to do with any of the crap you're talking about - why bring him into it?

I fully understand and agree with your overall point that this whole shebang of governing bodies such as FA, EFL, EPL and the rest of the pack need a major overhaul. The two biggest problems are the vested interests of certain officials in high places and the sheer amount of money sloshing around the game. How do we get more fair and sustainable governance? Your guess is a s good as mine mate. <ok>

2. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

WJ - I've read the article for what it's worth and there is nothing in it about your £200,000 fine pal. <ok>

Not being precious at all - I don't do "precious" but I will respond to mentions of my club on another forum unlike some snowflakes who go and hide in the grass.

I have no time for agents in general and McKay in particular - that's not the point I'm making.

The stuff in that hack's article is nothing more than a collection of events that could point toward some conspiracy theory about CCFC, Warnock, McKay and his sons etc. All looks a very plausible theory on paper but then so was Roswell.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH....hit a nerve, must have something to hide Sparkey. As for butting out, our club have had everyone, from the EFL. FA 5 live, newspapers, Sky etc etc all butting in.<ok>

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You can feck off too.......<laugh>

Irishshako likes this.
  5. Irishshako

Fair enough:(

6. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

£200,000 is nothing in football for Leeds though. It makes the situation go away and so it should, any form of points deduction would have been a travesty.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Irishshako likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Nice spot mate but just goes to show that there will be a lot more that comes out about this. Agents, duel ownership of players, tax evasion but whats getting forgotten is a player is dead and 2 clubs fight to find out who owns the player. This can only mean one thing Nantes had cancelled his insurance and Cardiff had not yet done his insurance. Surely incompetence somewhere means Sala's family will suffer twice.

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm also sure there are far more twists and turns in this one to come. Financial necessity can make motives much stronger and corners can be cut as a result.

Implications at this end are that the liable insurance companies are driving all this, not the actual clubs.

We should never forget that 2 people have died through all this and it casts a further shadow on the murky dealings that lie behind many transfer deals.

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

"Implications at this end are that the liable insurance companies are driving all this, not the actual clubs."

Aaaah I see, would love to find out which insurance company and if all clubs use the same organisation. Wonder what the PFA have to say because they promote insurance for career ending injuries etc and the players/clubs spend a lot of dosh on these policies. Maybe another area the FA should have gotten involved in but are too stupid or corrupt

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

The more one reads and listens to the running and operating of these governing bodies the more one is convinced they are run by a bunch of amateurs.

Doc likes this.
  12. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

No mate they are very skilled operators

tenor.gif

13. Irishshako

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Doc - there's more on the whole situation surrounding the Sala transfer - this is definitely a wrangle between the respective insurers.

A whole jar of worms being opened up here - this is going to run and run...<ok>

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ed-potentially-invalid-contract-cardiff-city/

15. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I would go back to a comment. I think, you made earlier Sparkey. Two people died and we should have respect for that and let those who need to get on with stuff do that. If there is anything that then needs to be addressed just do it but don't have this as entertainment in the media.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  16. lifecheshirewhite

So if he wasn't a Cardiff player,are you going to give back the 6 points you won as a tribute to your player dying ?

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Thanks Sparky I told you this was a real football story and not a Cardiff City swipe. This is a story about corruption in football and especially with dodgy agents and now it seems the law and insurance industry are fighting to stop payment to Nante's who are also now under investigation in France for tax fraud which will involve the registration/ownership of a player(s)

We should write a screenplay...... I'll get my lawyer to bring you a contract

Oldsparkey likes this.
  18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm afraid it'll be subject to Welsh Assembly clearance before we can go ahead. <ok>

19. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Sometimes Sparky I like to get my wooden spoon out, but on this accession it would be unfair to start having a go at a fan of another club for my own enjoyment.
    In these kind of situations I always ask myself what if it were Leeds in this situation.
    I would hope if my club was clean and the wrangle was purely between insurance companies, then I would also hope that the Leeds press office would get to work and make it known nationally what the state of play was.
    Take the pressure off your club. :emoticon-0148-yes:

Oldsparkey likes this.
  20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Yep, I did say that and stick by it 100%.

Agree it's all very ghoulish ELM, but unfortunately the journos will continue to publish their "scoops" about any storyline irrespective of personal tragedy sad to say.

I wont go back to what started me posting on this thread, but the scamble for column inches by cobbling together information whether fact or conjecture and presenting them as a "story" will never go away. <ok>