1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Oct 14, 2021.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>Away to Watford on Saturday, early kick off too. Our last visit to this ground ended in disappointment, hope will can put things round this time. This is the type of game we need to win if we want the title.
    Watford injury list and suspension.
    Francisco Sierralta
    Hamstring
    Late October
    Christian Kabasele
    Hamstring
    Late October
    Joshua King
    Oghenekaro Etebo
    Muscle injury
    Mid October

Liverpool injury and suspension
    Harvey Elliott- Expected return date late March 2022
    Thiago Alcantara -Doubtful
    Trent Alexander-Arnold-Minor doubt

Origi -Major doubt
    Diogo Jota-Major doubt,
    Alisson Becker-Major doubt
    Fabinho-Major doubt

Watford Manager- Claudio Ranieri
    Liverpool Manager-Jurgen Klopp.
    My prediction: Watford 1:2 Liverpool

Referee is John Moss

please log in to view this image

His linesmen will be Marc Perry and Timothy Wood, while Tony Harrington will be his fourth official for the game.

On VAR Duty will be Stuart Attwell, who has been involved in the last three of Liverpool's Premier League games.
    Other fixtures and predictions:
    Saturday 16th October:
    Watford v Liverpool 1: 2
    Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:1
    Leicester City v Manchester United 2:2
    Manchester City v Burnley 3:0
    Norwich City v Brighton & Hove Albion 2:2
    Southampton v Leeds United 2:2
    Brentford v Chelsea 1:1

Sunday 17th October 2021
    Everton v West Ham United 2:1
    Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur 2:2

Monday 18th October 2021
    Arsenal v Crystal Palace 2:0

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

LAWRO BEING BOLD HAS GONE FOR AWAY WIN 0:2.

Watford v Liverpool (12:30 BST)
    Welcome back to the Premier League, Claudio Ranieri. The former Leicester boss had a few days to settle in at Watford but this is a big game for him to kick off with.

Liverpool are sweating on whether Brazilian duo Alisson and Fabinho will be back from international duty in South America in time to play at Vicarage Road, and what state they will be in.

If Alisson is back in the country, I'd play him - he might be a bit tired from travelling but as a goalkeeper his stamina is not going to be an issue.
    This game is mainly going to be about whether Liverpool can break Watford down, anyhow. I think Ranieri will try to make them very difficult to beat, rather than thinking too much about how to start with a win.

Ranieri has promised to take the Watford players out for dinner if they keep a clean sheet, rather than just buying them a pizza like he once said he'd do with Leicester, but I think he will get to keep his wallet in his pocket at the weekend.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Tom's prediction: Well, as I am speaking now I have just jumped off the train on the way down from up north and I am literally standing in Watford. Being a United fan too, I have to back Watford here. 2-1

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

SKY SPORTS GOING FOR 1:1 DRAW,

Watford vs Liverpool, Saturday 12.30pm
    I'm expecting a barrage of the usual witty remarks like "you should change your name to Jones doesn't Know - haha" at the full-time of this one - but I'm up for taking Liverpool on here at a very skinny 1/3
    The Claudio Ranieri bounce factor and Jurgen Klopp's recent record with the Reds playing at 12.30pm on a Saturday.

One thing you can guarantee with appointing Ranieri is a positive mentality and an ability for players to increase their work-rate for him almost instantly. He has the bounce factor as seen by the fact he's only lost one of his last eight games when taking charge of a team for the first time, including winning both his first matches in charge of Leicester (4-2 over Sunderland) and Fulham (3-2 over Southampton).
    Meanwhile, Liverpool have only won two of their last six 12.30pm Saturday kick-offs. That may not sound too catastrophic, but all those fixtures came against teams that Liverpool were heavy favourites to beat. That's a big loss if you're backing them to level stakes, hence my willingness to take them on at odds-on here.
    In that run, they drew with Everton, Newcastle and Brighton while losing 3-1 at Leicester City. Throw in the likely absence of Alisson in goal due to his international commitments with Brazil - they have suffered shock defeats to Aston Villa (7-2) and Brighton (1-0) when he's been missing before - then, at the odds available, the 5/2 about Watford winning or drawing the game seem very reasonable.
    SCORE PREDICTION: 1-1

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>Away to Manchester United on Sunday, this is the game of the week.Jamie Carragher has up the stake
    by having a go on the baby face Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
    This is a game we need to win to stay in touch with premiership leaders,
    My prediction: Manchester United 1:3 Liverpool.

Manager: Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Manager: Liverpool : Jurgen Klopp.

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Other fixtures and predictions:

Friday 22 October 2021
    Arsenal v Aston Villa

Saturday 23/10/2021
    Chelsea v Norwich City 3:1
    Crystal Palace v Newcastle United 2:2
    Everton v Watford 2:1
    Leeds United v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:2
    Southampton v Burnley 2:1
    Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City 1:3

Sunday 24/10/2021
    Brentford v Leicester City 2:2
    West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur 2:1
    Manchester United v Liverpool 1:3

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

LAWRO IS SITTING ON THE FENCE AGAIN .HE HAS GONE FOR 1:1 DRAW.

Manchester United v Liverpool (16:30)
    Manchester United's performance to come back from 2-0 down against Atalanta and win 3-2 on Wednesday summed up what they are like under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. They can have spells where they are awful, as well as when they are very hard to stop.

If United had been beaten then that would have been a bonus for Liverpool but, instead, both of them are on a high going into the weekend.

There is probably more pressure on United to get a positive result, because they have dropped points in each of their past three league games, but a draw would not be a bad result for either camp and that's what I'm going for.

Liverpool won't change the way they play - they can't. The reason I think United will shut up shop is because, if they are open, you would fear the worst for them.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Elena's prediction: United to win it, with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring the winner in the last minute. 1-0

Haydn's prediction: I'm going with United but we've got to keep a clean sheet. That's a big ask with Mohamed Salah playing the way he is for Liverpool. His goals against Manchester City and Watford were just beautiful. 2-0

Haydn's favourite Manchester United player: I think Edinson Cavani is brilliant, with his work-rate he puts in. His movement is so good. I do like Scott McTominay too, although he is going through a bit of a dodgy patch at the moment. I'm a defensive midfielder myself, and I actually used to model my game on Ander Herrera when he played for United, because of his passion and, again, his work-rate. The best ever was Xavi, though.

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

INCREDIBLE SKYSPORTS HAVE GONE FOR AWAY WIN: 1:5

Manchester United vs Liverpool, Sunday 4.30pm, live on Sky Sports

Manchester United
    Liverpool

Sunday 24th October 4:00pmKick off 4:30pm

When sitting down to analyse games such as this that attract the hype machine in terms of build-up, a low scoring encounter always bounces around my mind. Not this time.

It's hard to fathom a situation where one of these teams isn't chasing the game at some stage as both, on current form, stand a much better chance of winning football matches by outscoring the opposition rather than relying on their defence.

It's that attacking prowess and Liverpool's aggressive high offside line, which will be offering hope to Manchester United backers. However, if Cristiano Ronaldo starts for United, then it will diminish their chances of hurting Jurgen Klopp's men.

A dramatic drop-off in pressing and counter-attacks has coincided with Ronaldo's return to Old Trafford. You can absolutely find spaces behind this Liverpool defence, but a 36-year-old Ronaldo isn't the man to exploit them - as outlined here by Nick Wright.

If Ronaldo starts, then my confidence grows further behind a Liverpool victory at 5/4 with Sky Bet. And if Liverpool are to win, there must be a chance of Klopp's boys dishing out an absolute hammering considering the ruthlessness of their attacking performances of late.

Liverpool are the top Premier League scorers this season (22 goals) and have won four of their eight games by three or more goals. This season they have also improved their shots on target, expected goals per game, and chances created (both open play and set pieces). If United play with the same sloppiness and lack of organisation as they showed in their last five games, where they have conceded nine goals with an expected goals against figure of 10.8, then Liverpool's world-class could run riot. This isn't Andros Townsend running at your defence now, it's Mohamed Salah.

That's the way I'll be playing a Liverpool win with them to win by three or more goals at 17/2 with Sky Bet the standout.

This just might be the tipping point for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his future at the club.

And in the long run, a lesson being dished out by their fiercest rivals, might be exactly what Manchester United need in triggering the process to find an elite manager.

SCORE PREDICTION: 1-5

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

HAHAHA ..SKY SPORTS HAVE GONE FOR AWAY WIN 1:5

Manchester United
    Liverpool

When sitting down to analyse games such as this that attract the hype machine in terms of build-up, a low scoring encounter always bounces around my mind. Not this time.

It's hard to fathom a situation where one of these teams isn't chasing the game at some stage as both, on current form, stand a much better chance of winning football matches by outscoring the opposition rather than relying on their defence.

It's that attacking prowess and Liverpool's aggressive high offside line, which will be offering hope to Manchester United backers. However, if Cristiano Ronaldo starts for United, then it will diminish their chances of hurting Jurgen Klopp's men.

A dramatic drop-off in pressing and counter-attacks has coincided with Ronaldo's return to Old Trafford. You can absolutely find spaces behind this Liverpool defence, but a 36-year-old Ronaldo isn't the man to exploit them - as outlined here by Nick Wright.

If Ronaldo starts, then my confidence grows further behind a Liverpool victory at 5/4 with Sky Bet. And if Liverpool are to win, there must be a chance of Klopp's boys dishing out an absolute hammering considering the ruthlessness of their attacking performances of late.

Liverpool are the top Premier League scorers this season (22 goals) and have won four of their eight games by three or more goals. This season they have also improved their shots on target, expected goals per game, and chances created (both open play and set pieces).

If United play with the same sloppiness and lack of organisation as they showed in their last five games, where they have conceded nine goals with an expected goals against figure of 10.8, then Liverpool's world-class attack could run riot. This isn't Andros Townsend running at your defence now, it's Mohamed Salah.

That's the way I'll be playing a Liverpool victory with them to win by three or more goals at 17/2 with Sky Bet the standout.

This just might be the tipping point for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his future at the club.

And in the long run, a lesson being dished out by their fiercest rivals, might be exactly what Manchester United need in triggering the process to find an elite manager.

SCORE PREDICTION: 1-5