1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Feb 20, 2019.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>Liverpool away to Manchester United on Sunday, to win the league we need to win this.
    It is going to be a tough game. Since Ole Gunnar Solskjær took over from Jose Mourinho united are yet to lose a game in the league. I believe united are going to lose this one.
    My prediction: United 1: 2 Liverpool.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Friday 22/02/18

Cardiff City vs Watford 2:1
    West Ham United vs Fulham 2:1

Saturday 23/02/18
    Burnley vs Tottenham Hotspur 2;2
    AFC Bournemouth vs Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:1
    Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town 2:0
    Leicester City vs Crystal Palace 2:0

Sunday 24/02/18

Arsenal vs Southampton 2:0
    Manchester United vs Liverpool 1:2

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

PAUL MERSON HAS GONE FOR HOME WIN. 2:1

Manchester United v Liverpool (Sunday, live on Sky Sports Premier League from 1pm)
    I look at when United got beaten by Paris Saint-Germain and I thought they were a million miles off; that's when you judge managers. When you are winning every week, it's a doddle, but it's when you get beaten, it's how you bounce back. I thought they were brilliant in the FA Cup at Chelsea in the way they played.

If Liverpool get anything from this game, I think they have had a result. I am not saying that because I think Man Utd are a better team, but I think the pendulum has swung. You have a team that is very confident and a team that is very nervous and are snatching at chances. Look at Liverpool's game against Bayern Munich - two months ago, they would have scored two or three of those chances.

I think United will have a go. They are not a team under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that will sit back. They will take the game to Liverpool, and I think the nerves of Liverpool will be too much.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

LAWRO HAS GONE FOR 1:1 DRAW.

Man Utd v Liverpool (14:05 GMT)

Manchester United were excellent at Chelsea in the FA Cup on Monday - the result, and their performance too.

It was probably their best display under interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, bearing in mind it came after they had been easily dealt with by Paris St-Germain.

please log in to view this image

Manchester United could do neighbours Manchester City a huge favour when they host Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Liverpool need at least a point to go back to the top of the Premier League on a day when City are playing Chelsea in the Carabao Cup final - but will they get it at Old Trafford against their bitter rivals?

BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson said: "A draw would be a good result for Liverpool, especially because of the way the mood has changed at United under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

"The atmosphere is different to the way it was under Jose Mourinho anyway, and you just know they are are going to ramp it up for this game."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 top-flight matches this season, against a variety of guests.

He will find out this week's guest on Friday.

Carabao Cup and Premier League predictions - week 27
    Result
    Lawro
    FRIDAY

Cardiff v Watford x-x 1-2
    West Ham v Fulham x-x 2-0
    SATURDAY
    Burnley v Tottenham x-x 1-1
    Bournemouth v Wolves x-x 1-2
    Newcastle v Huddersfield x-x 2-0
    Leicester v Crystal Palace x-x 2-0
    SUNDAY
    Arsenal v Southampton x-x 2-0
    Man Utd v Liverpool x-x 1-1
    Chelsea v Man City (Carabao Cup final) x-x 1-2
    A correct result (picking a win, draw or defeat) is worth 10 points. The exact score earns 40 points.

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS
    All kick-offs 15:00 GMT unless stated.

FRIDAY
    Cardiff v Watford (19:45 GMT)

Cardiff got a great win at Southampton in their last game and their fans probably think this game gives them a chance to continue their good run of form.

But Watford, who beat QPR in the FA Cup last weekend, have got a bit of momentum behind them too.

FA Cup: QPR 0-1 Watford Highlights
    I backed the Hornets to win at Loftus Road because I thought they could match the Championship side physically, and I think it will be a similar story here.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

West Ham v Fulham (19:45 GMT)

Manuel Lanzini could make his first appearance of the season for West Ham after a long injury lay-off and another creative player, Samir Nasri, has a chance of being fit too.

Fulham had a couple of good early chances in their last game, against Manchester United on 9 February, but ended up well beaten.

West Ham are inconsistent but, even if they have a bad day, it is hard to make much of a case for a Fulham side who are yet to win on the road in the league this season, and have the worst away record in the Premier League.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

SATURDAY
    Burnley v Tottenham (12:30 GMT)

It is great news for Tottenham that Harry Kane is back in training, although I would be surprised if he is thrown straight back in for this game.

Spurs are on a good run, and have shown they do not rely on the England striker, but I see this trip as a very tough test for them.

I have been very impressed with Burnley in recent weeks. They are unbeaten in the league since Boxing Day, and their performances have been as good as their results.

A big improvement in the Clarets' defence has played a big part in that and I don't think they will give much away on Saturday either.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Bournemouth v Wolves

I was going to back Bournemouth here, because I have seen them do this before - they go away and get rolled over - as has happened in their past two games at Cardiff and Liverpool - then they turn up with a very different performance at home.

But Callum Wilson and David Brooks are both out injured for the Cherries, which is a big blow for them.

Wolves are going very well - into the FA Cup sixth round and with three wins in their past four league games.

FA Cup: Bristol City 0-1 Wolves highlights
    It says a lot that they will have been disappointed to only draw with Newcastle in their last league game, but they are still in seventh in the table and they have the chance to really kick on now.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Newcastle v Huddersfield

This is a game Newcastle really have to win, and they could climb a few places up the table if they do.

Newcastle are 16th on 25 points, but the three sides above them - Crystal Palace, Brighton and Burnley are all on 27 points
    The Magpies should win it too - they are playing a team who are bottom and have taken one point from their past 13 games.

I just don't fancy Huddersfield to score at the moment, which is another reason I think Rafa Benitez's side will come out on top.

Leicester v Crystal Palace (17:30 GMT)

Leicester had their chances against Tottenham, at Wembley on 10 February, but that defeat means they have taken only one point from their past five games.

There always seems to be speculation over the future of Foxes boss Claude Puel, and he really needs to return to winning ways here.

A lot depends on Puel's line-up - and whether Jamie Vardy starts this time - but I actually quite fancy Leicester here.

Crystal Palace are having a good run in the FA Cup and have taken five points from their past three games too.

FA Cup: Doncaster Rovers 0-2 Crystal Palace highlights
    The Eagles have been playing quite well and creating loads of chances, but they are still hovering just above the relegation zone and they will have to be careful they don't get sucked in.

SUNDAY
    Arsenal v Southampton (14:05 GMT)

Southampton dropped into the relegation zone after losing to Cardiff last time out, and I think they might stay there for a while longer.

Arsenal have got some issues they need to sort out - Mesut Ozil's future being one of them - but their home record is very good and they should still be too strong for Saints.

Man Utd v Liverpool (14:05 GMT)

Manchester United were excellent at Chelsea in the FA Cup on Monday - the result, and their performance too.

It was probably their best display under interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, bearing in mind it came after they had been easily dealt with by Paris St-Germain.
    Paul Pogba was impressive again at Stamford Bridge and his improvement since Jose Mourinho was sacked is an example of how playing under a different manager can transform a player.

It is true he should have been doing better under Mourinho, but it is perfectly obvious that Pogba needs loving to get the best out of him.

He is such a good player that it is worth keeping him happy and when you have got someone as good as him playing well, it brings all the other players up to his level.

With United playing at the level they are, this will undoubtedly be one of Liverpool's more difficult league games between now and the end of the season.

They have to deal with the history of the whole Manchester United-Liverpool rivalry, and everything that goes with it, as well as United's recent revival. The atmosphere at Old Trafford will be white-hot.

To come away with anything, the Reds will have to keep their heads.

I know from playing in this fixture myself that the tackles will be flying in, so discipline is vital. No-one can afford to make a stupid lunge at someone early on because they will get sent off for it.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019