1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 29, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>Away to Newcastle, defence vs attack, only a win will do for Liverpool
    I am predicting Newcastle 1: 3 Liverpool,

Other fixtures and predictions:

Huddersfield Town V Tottenham Hotspur 1:3
    • BournemouthAFC V Leicester City 1:1
    • Manchester United V Crystal Palace 3:0
    • Stoke City V Southampton 2:2
    • West Brom V Watford 2:1
    • West Ham V Swansea City 2:1
    • Chelsea V Man City 2:2
    • Arsenal V Brighton & Hove Albion 2:0
      • Everton V Burnley 2:1
      • Newcastle United V Liverpool 1:3

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

What Lawro thinks:
    Newcastle v Liverpool (16:30 BST)
    After watching Newcastle's defeat by Brighton last weekend, I was left thinking the Magpies have got a lot of work to do to stay in the Premier League.
    Yes, Rafael Benitez's side had won their previous three matches but they did not create much against the Seagulls, let alone show that they have got anything to trouble the big teams.
    The Magpies are good at attacking set-pieces, and Liverpool are obviously not very good at defending them - but I think the Reds will keep a clean sheet too because other than free-kicks and corners, the home side might not offer very much.
    Newcastle's defence is going to have to be one of their strengths this season, and under Rafael Benitez it will be.
    It will be fascinating to see how Benitez sets his team up, and they will be very competitive, but I don't see them keeping his old club quiet.
    If you offered Rafa a point now he would probably snap your hand off - but I think Liverpool will take all three.
    Lawro's prediction: 0-2
    Shiflett's prediction: 2-3

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

What about Paul Merson:

Newcastle v Liverpool - live on Sky Sports Premier League, Nissan Super Sunday from 3.30pm
    please log in to view this image
    &lt;img
    Watch a preview of Sunday’s Premier League action as Arsenal host Brighton, Everton take on Burnley and Newcastle face Liverpool
    Liverpool could have won 10-1 in the Champions league after the chances they created the other night. With the attacking talent at their disposal they will always create chances and at St James' Park I don't see it being any different. Newcastle, backed by their home crowd will also go for it which could play into Jurgen Klopp's hands. I did initially write down 3-0 to Liverpool but I'm going to have to change my mind to 3-1 because I don't trust Liverpool at the back. However Liverpool are class going forward and I'd be shocked if Newcastle coped with them.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 (12/1 with Sky Bet)

4. moreinjuredthanowen

BournemouthAFC V Leicester City 1:2
    Manchester United V Crystal Palace 5:0
    Stoke City V Southampton 0:0
    West Brom V Watford 1:1
    West Ham V Swansea City 0:2
    Chelsea V Man City HARD TO CALL. 1:1?
    Arsenal V Brighton & Hove Albion 3:1
    Everton V Burnley 1-1
    Newcastle United V Liverpool 2:3