1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 6, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>LIVERPOOL away to Manchester City on Saturday 10th of September, early kick off. This is the game of the week, and a draw is written all over it.
    My prediction: Manchester city 2:2Liverpool

Other fixtures and predictions:

Manchester City V Liverpool 2:2

• Arsenal V Bournemouth AFC 2:0

• Brighton & Hove Albion V West Bromwich Albion 2:1

• Everton VTottenham Hotspur 1:1

Leicester City V Chelsea 1:2

Southampton V Watford 2:2

Stoke City V Mannchester United 1:2
    Sunday 10th September
    Burnley V Crystal Crystal Palace 2:2

• Swansea City V Newcastle United
      2:2
    Monday 11th September
    West Ham United V Huddersfield Town 2:1

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

Paul Merson has gone for home win:

Manchester City v Liverpool - Premier League Live, Saturday, from 11.30am, Sky Sports Premier League
    What a game to start with! Sometimes with a big game the anticipation is there but it can fizzle out. However, I can't see that happening with this game. These two teams play one way and one way only - attack, attack, attack!

Manchester City v Liverpool - Premier League Live, Saturday, from 11.30am, Sky Sports Premier League
    What a game to start with! Sometimes with a big game the anticipation is there but it can fizzle out. However, I can't see that happening with this game. These two teams play one way and one way only - attack, attack, attack!
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be hoping to make his Liverpool debut but with England captain Jordan Henderson and Emre Can, who I'm a big fan off, set to play I don't see him getting a game. That's unless he plays out of position but I thought he went to Liverpool to play in central midfield, no?

I can't see anything but goals in this game. Both are brilliant going forward and not great at the back. However, I'm just going to side with City because I believe they are slightly better at the back.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-2 (18/1 with Sky Bet)

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Manchester City V Liverpool 2:2. goals but will there be a winner?

Arsenal V Bournemouth AFC 4:0 - lawro picjs the big team to win always.

Brighton & Hove Albion V West Bromwich Albion 0:2 - WBA on a fine start. brighton sturggling to adapt.

Everton V Tottenham Hotspur 0:0 two good defences?

Leicester City V Chelsea 1:1 - very hard to call this one.

Southampton V Watford 0:0 again two organised sides

Stoke City V Mannchester United 0:5 EASYYYY!!

Burnley V Crystal Crystal Palace 1:0 should be a return to solid burnely form.

Swansea City V Newcastle United 2:2 wow hard to call too. new players at swansea. newkie unhappy.

West Ham United V Huddersfield Town 0:2. nail in bilic's coffin this.

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lawro has gone for 1:1 draw.

SATURDAY
    please log in to view this image

Man City v Liverpool (12:30 BST)

The question for Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is what he does with Philippe Coutinho after the summer transfer saga that saw the forward ask to leave amid a series of bids from Barcelona, all of which were turned down.

Coutinho has not played for Liverpool so far this season because of a back injury but he has been in action twice for Brazil over the international break.

I am sure Coutinho will be in the Reds' squad for Saturday, but Klopp must decide whether he starts or is on the bench.

Your deadline day summed up in gifs
    What helps Klopp is that Liverpool have not exactly struggled in attack without Coutinho - they have been fantastic going forward.

Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino can both play in that number 10 role too, so they have three players who can do that job - Coutinho just happens to be the best one.

It seems as though Manchester City are still settling down as a team after their summer signings, but that will happen quicker if Pep Guardiola does not chop and change his side.

I just get the feeling he is still trying to be a bit too clever with his formations and team selections, despite the fact the Premier League is so unforgiving, whoever you play.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Osi and Jason's prediction: 2-3